Anyone got Supatrigger to work in Cubase 4 on OSX - Intel

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently ported over from Windows and was devestated when I could't get Supatrigger to appear in the plugin list in Cubase 4, it is installed, but doesn't show up at all.....

Anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you installed the UB version? Get info on supatrigga.vst and it'll say whether it's Universal Binary or PPC only...

Thanks for the response, I checked the info, but it doesn't say UB, and looking at the downloads the only UB version is AU, not VST. Bummer.

If anyone has any ideas then let me know, I really miss this plugin.

Well if it works in Cubase LE, that's further evidence that you're not using the UB version. IIRC, the only macintel version of Cubase is C4 at the moment, meaning that C4 won't load vsts with only powerpc code, and likewise Cubase LE won't load intel-only plugins because the program itself is running in Rosetta on powerpc code.

edit: Looking at Bram's smartelectronix page, it seems that the only macintel version of supatrigga is the Audio Unit version, which (in case you're unfamiliar with this format) is used by Logic, Live and many other audio apps running on OS X but which is *not* supported by Cubase. I guess my suggestion would be to use Livecut instead, or check out Audio Damage's Replicant, though neither of these plugins seems to do the tape-stop effect that supatrigga uses.

Or, use an audio editor or some other kind of separate program that supports AUs so that you can use Supatrigga, and just bounce the results and bring them into C4. Or, for that matter, you can even use Cubase LE for that with the vst that you have... (But I wouldn't expect good performance with Cubase LE if you tried to do much more than that, because it's essentially going to be 'translating' the PPC code).

The windows -> os x transition was a bit of a dodgy one for a while, but now it seems like many(or most even) of the plugins that I used on my G5 are available for my intel mac, but it still can be tricky trying to navigate all the different plugin standards. I guess once vst3 becomes more widely adopted the confusion will only grow!

Anyways, hope this helps!

I recently made the leap over to Cubase and I cannot get Supa Trigga to load into cubase's plugin list. Has anyone figured out what causes this?

Return to “Smart Electronix”