SupaTrigga REQUESTS and BUGS thread

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think we need a newer version :oops: :)
KVR, my adult playground.
Please, call me Brice.

has anyone noticed that it will repeat only one setting ie (slow) over and over again or reverse over and over again it doesnt randomize settings. also even if it is set to 0% they will act the same, or do nothing at all

it doesn't always save it's settings, which can be annoying. also, it doesn't work so well as a send effect in ableton.

a standard mix control would be nice.

a small filter section would be fun. a knob for random resonance and random cutoff would be great. maybe the amount it was turned would effect how much it modulates a base setting? then a percent for if it effects the slice or not.

pitch modulation would be really great. maybe a random pitch modulation amount and a random chance of effecting it? then a base pitch setting (+- 48 semitones would be nice).

here's a crazy idea, have it map the captured slices to a midi keyboard. have a random knob for how often it changes them up. would be great for live performance.

thanks bram, love the plugin!! :)

I've been playing with this a bit lately, and generally seems stable. I've noticed crashes in the following hosts and situations (under Win XP corporate edition):

Audio Mulch - multiple instances no problem, but crashes if pre-roll is selected when using 'Export to .wav' (I imagine this has to do with timing/measure information being sent to ST from AM)

Aodix Tracker - also no problem with multiple instances either as insert or master effect, but occasional crashes when starting play in the middle of a pattern.

I tried to load it up in Psycle last night but it seemed to have no effect at all, but then again I'm new to that particular host and I'm having a little trouble with it generally.

I'd really like to see proper support for time sigs other than 4/4 (I wish ALL plugins supported 3/5/7/9/11 beat measures, let alone hosts... for those of us who don't use 4/4 it makes a lot of things very time consuming!), though there are workarounds for this (for example, exporting loops from Audio Mulch divisible by both 4 and the number of beats in the time sig you want - although I find I almost invariably end up re-editing the result manually to neaten it up a bit, depending on the source). A swing function would be nice to accomodate better resequencing of acoustic drum breaks at higher quantisation.

Random panning can already be obtained - just place another plug that does panning in the chain before Supatrigga - even a straight side-to-side pan will end up cut to pieces! I guess it wouldn't hurt to build it in anyway and do it all in one place!

I think the minimum should be 2 slices per measure - but maybe the option to increase the buffer size to more than one measure?

Notwithstanding all that, it's the best realtime beat rearranger I've tried personally.

Take care and control,

Jmz H.

Ok, before I drop a request, I'll admit:

I didn't read this entire thread.
I only played with the plugin for a little bit. But, I really (no, really, really) like it.

So, here goes:

I'd like control over the "random" value. I assume (this could be a bad assumption) that there's some random value used/generated each time a sample is played through the plugin. What I don't know is if it's a single random value that ultimately controls the various random items within the events.

Perhaps it's easier just to say:
Suppose on playthru 1, random value is: 1232
next playthru: 2231
etc.

So, it would be nice to be able to type in or specify this random value, and get back the exact same "performance", so 1232 always equals the same beat we hear.

Ultimately, if this "random" parameter was sequencable (fed from the host, perhaps?), one could create a performance, and have it be identical every time.

Make any sense? Can this be done already?

Hi,

Just wanna say excelent job on this plug-in.
I just discovered it at your website and have spent all night playing with it.
Really nice.
Thanks, Morten

I was using DP 4.12 today, and it crashed on my randomly, and looking at the crashlog, i can see that it was SuppaTRigga that caused it. It's quite strange, because at that oment, I didn't hav ethe plug-in window open, and I wasn't playing back any audio. What I was doing was browsing through some kit samples to load into a Cell in Native Instrument's Battery. As I was previewing one of the Samples, *BANG* DP 4.12 crashed and output the usual crash report.
I'm running things on a Dual G5 2Ghz, with OSX 10.3.4. And it happend inside Digital Performer 4.12 with the MAS/AU patch.

if your interested i could send the crashlog. I didn't want to post it in here, since I thought it was quite long.

sean

Bram wrote:OK.

requests and bugs, let me have it!

- bram
since bram said later that he would edit this post to include emerging ideas, i hope mine has not already been voiced. (i lazily skimmed most of the posts.)

anyway, retrigger. i mean lets not try to hide it, we're talking almost about an "IDM-o-matic". i am surprissed nobody had thrown in the idea of retrigger. assuming you're break a buffer in chunks, during then length of the chunk to be affected, you just retrigger the chunk- starting with the shortest retrigger time and ending with the retrigger time being end of chunk. (or vice versa, hopefully starting with 50 or 75%)

another possibility would be to have a constant (or varying, might be more interesting) operator for AM(or FM)-- a chunk sent to this process would just be a/fm modulated. might sound interesting in that "IDM" way

then theres the obvious but codetime consuming filtersweep.

anyways, i have a lot of fun experimenting with your plugins, bram, and the "IDM"s are in quotes merely because i despise the term. aack, i make "IDM" myslef

oh well
-anti

Sorry, I didn't spot this thread before I made my Supatrigga problem thread.
cron wrote:I've noticed that when you leave Supatrigga alone for a minute or two in Audiomulch, it settles into the same beat pattern and requires hefty tweaking (the granularity usually does it, it seems to become insensitive to the other controls) to get it going randomly again. It just locks again a minute or two later anyway. Sometimes if you tweak the 'instant' effects when it's stuck in a pattern, the instant effect will remain active until you manage to unstick it again.
I should add that this happened to me at 75 or so BPM. In your first post you say this only happens at very high BPMs. Seemingly not. I'm using 2 Supatriggas in that project too if that makes any difference, but it's difficult to tell if they both freeze at the same time or not.

Cheers for an otherwise awesome plug :)

Is there going to be a vst update? I ask this because on the ableton forum there is a rumour that supatrigger and bufferoverride will only be updated in coreaudio versions

I really really hope this isn't true because these plugins are among my favorites and i'll be using live 4 and wouldn,t want to miss using these plugins

this is a false rumour.
one thing: no idea when I will have time to do the update as I'm moving to a new house about 2000 km from my old one in a while...

Future: unknown but positive :)

More news on the smartelectronix site in a month or so.

- bram

hi there
I 'm also a great supatrigga fan. But I' m experiencing a strange bug with it in live 4.
If I put a supatrigga instance on the master or wherever, it works fine for 2 minutes and as soon as I stop the seq and play it again, it doesnt loop and slice at all anymore, but just produces a bad little buzzz if i tweek the "granularity" or the "rearrange" parameters... :shock:

Anybody experiences the same? Has anybody a solution?
thnx a lot.

And big ups to Bram!

no problem yet using supa trigga ni LIve3, wanna try in Live4... !
bram, you still rock !

drijn I got the same on Live 3 when using more than one ST instance

Boost303 wrote:Is there going to be a vst update? I ask this because on the ableton forum there is a rumour that supatrigger and bufferoverride will only be updated in coreaudio versions

I really really hope this isn't true because these plugins are among my favorites and i'll be using live 4 and wouldn,t want to miss using these plugins
I may have mentioned there that the Mac version of Buffer Override will only be updated for AU and not VST from now on (which is old news, I made that announcement about DFX plugs about 2 years ago). However, that is not about the Windows version, and also I definitely never said anything about SupaTrigga regarding this. And since Live for Mac supports AU, this doesn't affect being able to use BO in Live anyway.
[ Destroy FX - http://destroyfx.org/ ]
[ Smartelectronix - http://smartelectronix.com/ ]

Return to “Smart Electronix”