SupaTrigga REQUESTS and BUGS thread

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any new news? :)
KVR, my adult playground.
Please, call me Brice.

I'm using Adobe Audition 1.5, and am finding that supatrigga will open up as it should, but won't apply any efx whatsoever.

I'm guessing that there's a compatability issue here.
wondering if anyone else has run across this issue, or if it's just me; and it there will be a fix for this?

Hi,

I'm using supatrigga with live 4.04. It seems to be introducing a slight ms delay, it i use supatrigga on one track and not on another, both playing the same loop they are definately out of sync. Any idea on how much this would be delayed so i can compensate other tracks (easiest way is to stick supatrigga on every track and set the slice length to 1)

Cheers,

T0aster_uk

adobe audition: this is ex-soundforge, right? if so, it wont work, because it doen't supply timing info.

live 4.04: there shouldn't be a delay. this is eiter a bug in supatrigger, or a bug in live.

- bram

Bram wrote:adobe audition: this is ex-soundforge, right?

- bram
nope, this is ex-cool edit

FYI:
syntrillium is now adobe
soundforge is now Sony
Steinberg is now Yamaha
emagic is now apple

btw (I know you heard it a thousand times) how about an update? :)
Last edited by Al Magnifico on Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I searched this forum (via quick search) and didn't see any Mad Tracker (MT) posts in the here 11 pages, so:

I've posted on MT bug forum=no comment yet. "Supa Trigga", which I love as my friend gets to use it in fruit loops and some mac software, but I can never make work in MT2.5 or "VST host". Win XP. Anybody have any suggestions?????????

Am I too vauge?

Same problem here. I'm more than interested to use this plugin for twisted Amen programming, but for some reason SupaTrigga does not work inside MadTracker. I would be happy if Bram (or anyone else capable or reason-providing) can sort out why this problem occurs, so that the developer of MadTracker can solve this.

Kind regards,
Inge

Bram wrote:requests and bugs, let me have it!
I don't know if you are already aware of this, Bram, but SupaTrigga has a bug when you bypass it.
In Ableton Live (OS X) it results in a slight delay in the sound when you turn on/off SupaTrigga.
In Cubase (PC) it sometimes results in Cubase crashing.

Hope you can fix this sometime in the future, cause I really love this plug-in.

Morten

Energy XT seems to be confused by the fact that there are no presets in supatrigga. It refuses to load the settings when a song is reloaded, and reverts to the default settings.
Could you please make it 1 preset instead of no presets? Or could it be a different problem?
Unfortunately you cannot test this without an energy XT licence since it will not allow reloading a song in the demo. I'm pretty sure that it would help if supatrigga had a single preset cuz in the plugin window of XT it says preset [1 / 0] - so I guess it tries to load the first non existing preset and ends up resetting all parameters to default.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Not sure if someones said this already, but the ability to set a 'seed' that is then combined with the timing data would be great. That way, there'd be all that great randomness, but it would be repeatable (I've got a track that uses supatrigga and since I know the next time I bounce it it's going to be different, I'm going to manually program the beats instead).

Also, different probabilities depending on the dominant frequency of the slice? That would allow more time to be given to the kicks at one point, then change that with automation to have more snare action etc. etc.

Wicked plug... I like the idea of using to beef up a beat (similar for example to the way people sometimes use a stereo delay (or two) over a beat) and also as an excellant mashup plugin... but the best thing for me is that it gives me that randomness while I build up the rest of the track, and then I can augment (or replace) the supatrigga stuff with manual programming. Very inspiring!!!

(Love MadShifta as well! Whats the chance of a version of that that keeps formants at the same pitch? :) )

Doogle

Doogle wrote:Not sure if someones said this already, but the ability to set a 'seed' that is then combined with the timing data would be great. That way, there'd be all that great randomness, but it would be repeatable (I've got a track that uses supatrigga and since I know the next time I bounce it it's going to be different, I'm going to manually program the beats instead).
I strongly second that.

hey ohm, thats some neat buzz machines you have on your site, any plan to vst them ?

[quote="ohm"][/quote]

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.1.1b11
Copyright 2003-4, Apple Computer, Inc.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aufx' - 'ASuP' - 'BrDJ'
Manufacturer String: Bram @ Smartelectronix
AudioUnit name: SupaPhaser
Component Info: SupaPhaser
Component Version: 3.0.1 (0x30001)

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
Time to open AudioUnit: 5.324ms

AU VALIDATION CRASHED.
dual 800 G4 | dual 2.5 G5 4.5GB RAM | MOTU HD192 | Granite Digital External SATA | TC Powercore Firewire | UAD-1 | Waves Platinum | More plugins than I know what to do with

...I'm reading the posts, maybe there's something about a problem with suppatrigga hanging my Pentium4 but not my AMD... Are there denormals?

when setting the slow and reverse sliders to 0% after about 8 bars they seem to play. anyway of totally switching off certain parameters?

mos

Return to “Smart Electronix”