StrayWorx - Fujiya MC-3A sound library for Kontakt (free download)

Official support for: strayworx.com
strayboom
KVRist
150 posts since 4 Nov, 2011 from Babylon 5

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:10 am

Fujiya MC-3A aka. "Look, what I found in Granny's basement!

The Fujiya MC-3A is a (well, almost) legendary synthesizer from the end of the good old 80's. It's intended to be the rival of the awesome Casio toy-synths. We can say, they succeed.

StrayWorx is proud to present the recreation of this fabolous gem, entirely made with NI Kontakt. Originally, this sound library meant to be an entry for KVRaudio DC2012 competition but due to various reasons, there wasn't enough time to finish it until deadline.
It is still not complete but we'd like to release it to the public as a Christmas gift. Download and enjoy this sound library and have fun with it.

Details and download url:
http://www.strayworx.com//fujiya

"MC-3A, you're drunk, go back to the basement"

SampleScience
KVRAF
3810 posts since 31 Oct, 2004 from Mtl, Canada

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:21 am

Thank you mister! :D

mellotronaut
KVRAF
9765 posts since 2 Jan, 2005 from somewhere in the woods

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:33 am

thank you very much! :)
"It dreamed itself along"

strayboom
KVRist

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:58 am

You're welcome! Merry Christmas! :)

Spitfire31
KVRAF
2759 posts since 18 May, 2003 from Sweden

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:17 am

Thanks a lot - this is cheesy fun! I hope you will eventually add the rhythms as well!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

strayboom
KVRist

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:06 am

It would be much easier to create external midi files than implement an actual rhythm-section in Kontakt :)
There is a plan to implement all of the synth's function but it would take a lot of time. Definitely will do it in the future, because this is an interesting toy-synth and good exercise with Kontakt scripting.

Aloysius
KVRAF
22050 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from a computer

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:17 am

Thank you and merry xmas. :party:
I didn't get where I am today ...

Spitfire31
KVRAF

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:35 am

strayboom wrote:It would be much easier to create external midi files than implement an actual rhythm-section in Kontakt :)
I'm sure! But maybe you can ask Barry of Forgotten Keys for a hint or two?
strayboom wrote:There is a plan to implement all of the synth's function but it would take a lot of time. Definitely will do it in the future, because this is an interesting toy-synth and good exercise with Kontakt scripting.
Looking forward to it!

/Joachim

strayboom
KVRist

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks for the hint, Joachim!
I already started to experiment with Kontakt 5, it has some more advanced functions that would help rhythm implementation.
Copy-paste from official NI site:
"MIDI FILE SUPPORT
KONTAKT 5 provides a new feature in the Kontakt Script Processor: the MIDI file player. Useful for creating instruments that can play patterns, loops and grooves as opposed to single notes....."

Sounds exciting, eh? :)
Anyway, I'm focusing on my next serious sound library then I'll release more fun libraries and finish Fujiya too.

strayboom
KVRist

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:42 am

I quickly created the Fujiya demosong in Reaper, using the sounds of the sampled instrument. You can download .mid and .mp3 (rendered midi file) too: http://www.strayworx.com/fujiya/ (bottom of the page)

Spitfire31
KVRAF

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:18 am

Great demo song! Somehow I get a flashback to playing Super Mario on my son's Game Boy.

/Joachim

Return to “StrayWorx”