Riffer handling tied notes from Tab

Official support for: amplesound.net
Teunis
KVRer
19 posts since 27 Dec, 2018

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:06 am

Is there anyway to get tied notes from a Tab into the Riffer. Using Guitar Pro 7 if a note goes across a couple of other notes the tab shows it as a heap of tied notes. When transferring to the Riffer one loses the tied notes within the bar.

Often I’ll have a midi file that I’d like to clean up then pull into the Riffer to better get control of articulations.

What am I doing wrong.

TuxGuitar does not generate the tab in the same way (It does not have the tied notes) but it has other difficulties when making the tab.

Any advice welcome

Ample Sound
KVRian
1306 posts since 28 Jun, 2012

Re: Riffer handling tied notes from Tab

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:40 am

Sorry, what does tied note mean?

Teunis
KVRer

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:55 pm

Say a picked chord type thing where the lower E string for example goes for a full note then the A string for two half notes and Then another 4 eighth notes on different strings starting halfway in the bar. The E string will have a tie on each of the Half notes and eighth notes to carry on through it. Same with half notes. They will have ties to carry on the sound through the eighth notes.

When you transfer from the Tab to the Riffer these notes a lost and you end up with a note if anything at all but not the picked chord.

This would even occur if you created the picking in the strummer to it to MIDI then to TAB. Why would you do this i here you ask. Basically the Riffer lets you add better articulation easier to my way of thinking. I could be wrong and am looking for advice.

Tony

Teunis
KVRer

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:09 pm

Tux Guit GP5.JPG
Here is a picture of what I mean The upper one is from TuxGuitar which only just plays the notes not the ringing through (in either the TAB Player or Riffer.) but does display all notes (not the correct length in Riffer.

The bottom one is from Guitar Pro which sounds fine in the TAB Player but does not copy to the Riffer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Teunis
KVRer

Post Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:42 pm

I tried multi voice which basically looks ok but causes the guitar to crash in standalone mode. In a DAW it does not load the TAB in multi voice mode saved as a GP5. Surely there must be a way around this issue.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Ample Sound
KVRian

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:58 am

Our tab player doesn't support Tuxguitar, could you please send the guitar pro file to service@amplesound.net ?

Teunis
KVRer

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:20 am

Late night here now. In the morning I’ll send a few files with different examples. The TuxGuitar file is a normal GP5 once saved.

Teunis
KVRer

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:26 pm

Details sent to service@amplesound.net. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Tony

Teunis
KVRer

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:59 pm

Even your own default AmpleSound TAB if you drag a bar into the Riffer it loses the note lengths and defaults to the shortest note length within a chord.

Have a look.

Tony

Ample Sound
KVRian

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:36 am

Thanks we received your tabs and reproduced the issues, we will study into the bugs.

Teunis
KVRer

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:56 pm

Thanks

Return to “Ample Sound”