Current Ample Sound Guitar Wishlist/Suggestions

Official support for: amplesound.net
KVRian

Topic Starter

551 posts since 28 Jul, 2011 from USA

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:42 pm

pumafred wrote:I think exporting tabs to midi is an excellent feature. But what I would REALLY like would be to export tabs to Ample Sound midi tracks, that is, midi tracks with the articulation instructions too.
Yeah, I was bummed the first time I tried it as well and found the note bends and slides missing. The current MIDI out is sufficient for layering a synth with an electric guitar, but not for actually extracting guitar parts. Kontakt is a good example of software that covers this well. You can either send out the basic MIDI (just notes) or you can send it with the CCs and keyswitches as well.

KVRist
38 posts since 14 Oct, 2003

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:22 pm

I agree about the need for more robust and flexible chord detection in the Strummer. For now, RealGuitar is much, much better at this, which is a shame, because AmpleGuitar sounds about a thousand times better than any other acoustic guitar VI. The strummer in AG isn't bad at all, it just doesn't live up to the potential of the rest of the VI. Another way to say it is that the chord detection is currently the weakest link in an otherwise extremely strong instrument.

To be specific: the great thing about RealGuitar's chord detection is that no matter what combination of keys you hit, you will always get a strummable chord back, and the detection algorithm is able to construct very complex chords this way, and a huge number of them. I don't know enough about chord detection algorithms to say what exactly they're doing in RealGuitar, but whatever it is, AmpleSound should adopt that approach or improve on it. This would bring out the potential of these most amazing-sounding guitar VIs.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:32 pm

biomuse wrote:To be specific: the great thing about RealGuitar's chord detection is that no matter what combination of keys you hit, you will always get a strummable chord back, and the detection algorithm is able to construct very complex chords this way, and a huge number of them.
I always took the chord detection in RealGuitar for granted. You just plops some notes down and RealGuitar returns with something beautiful. No keyswitches necessary (though available if you need them). No rules about notes being too close together. It just works without hassle to create wonderful results.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:56 pm

I have purchased two of the Ample Sound guitars so far. I would own all of them already if they were as easy to get great results with as with RealGuitar. This even though Ample Sound guitars are much more expensive since you have to buy each sample set separately as if you were purchasing an Ample Sound guitar for the first time. There is a small discount for purchases after the first one but the price is still hefty compared to an ADpak for Addictive Drums. A better approach here would be to have a single interface like you have with Addictive Drums and just purchase new guitar samples for it like you do new drum paks, but I am digressing off topic. I'm currently holding off on purchasing more guitars to see if my 4 workflows get smoothed out. #4 is probably the most important for reaching out to people considering cross upgrading from RealGuitar.

KVRist
72 posts since 11 Apr, 2009 from Oakland, CA

Post Sun May 18, 2014 11:50 am

Wow! I just bought most of the guitars...this is a great list of todos... thus far I'm really impressed. Own lots of "guitarz" and these are just beautiful...I'm going thru the manual/trying things since last night...pretty deep and lots to sink into my ole' brain...

Hope AS tends to these...It seems they're listening... a few of Greg's have made it. (You've really done them a huge service, Greg and we all will benefit greatly if AS implements many things I heard you say (some I don't even understand!)
CLIMATE MUSIC: http://www.tinyurl.com/vastman
SPlt/W10-64/4930K/32G; ARK1/Falcon/Banshee/Gravity/ Capricco&Min/OE1&2/REV/Sig Omni2/Tril/RMX/Alpha/Bravo/Juggs/BFD/ ALL Heavocity&OT/Lota synths&8DIO/Spitf/SL/KH/EW/IK/NI; NOVAX guitars

KVRer
5 posts since 4 Jun, 2014

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi,

I don't know if this thing is happening to anyone. I installed AGG, AGT, AGM and AGP. they all sounds great and infect I love their guitar strumming part.

but here is the problem. when I use the strumming with doubling it. my ASIO goes overloaded and I am not able to hear the sound properly.

I use other kontakt applications (heavy ones) like v-metal, slate drums, S5 bass, and much more but they all work fine.

but only 1 vsti like AGT and loading the strumming pattern and doubling it i get ASIO overload. is there any solution to this.

KVRian
657 posts since 14 Sep, 2013 from Ample Sound

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:36 am

Please check your asio configuration such as bit rate, buffer size, etc. We suggest you use an external sound card if you haven't.

KVRer

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:08 am

Thanks chen for your reply. I tried everything. I have personus sound card and even with it i have problem.

I load most of vstis and they run like a charm. Its only ample sound when i load , specially for strumming, i encounter this problem.

I checked everything as you said but no success. Any other options or recommendations?

KVRian

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:00 pm

I suggest you try ample guitar on another machine.

KVRer

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:11 am

great.... I installed in another machine and it works much better then my actual computer.

I am surprised that its working great on my laptop and not on my desktop ( which is heavier then my laptop).

Also i might have forgot or unchecked few things during the installation.

KVRer

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:00 pm

Hi again,

Now lately, I was working on a project using ample guitar AGT and AGM for strumming. I noticed that after certain period of time the strumming pattern is not sync with the pattern I draw in my DAW.

Specially chord switching makes a lots of delay and strumming goes off sync with the track.

Also I noticed that chord pattern switches i.e. ''SEQ'' in ample sound does not work that swiftly as it should when changing from one pattern to another.

is there any solution to this. please advise.

KVRian

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:17 pm

The way you switch chord and use SEQ might be wrong. Please send your project to service@amplesound.net so that we can help you figure out.
P.S. you should create a new topic instead of posting on this topic.

KVRer

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:27 pm

sure I will be happy to send my project... in the mean while after this post I saw a posted video by ample sound about the strumming which mentioned that i need to have my track offset to -50. after doing so my sound is much in-sync.

might be the problem because my offset was on 0.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:29 pm

Updated wishlist/suggestions. Cheers!

KVRer
5 posts since 2 Jun, 2004

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Hello.

I have AGM and AGT. I love them and am amazed at the great sound I’m able to get after spending some time programming them via MIDI.

However, while working on a song today, I found myself frustrated that changing chords while strumming automatically stops all strings from the previous chord from ringing out. When I play a real guitar, many of the strings continue to vibrate when switching chords (specifically, when the particular notes don’t change from chord to chord), and this gives fluidity or continuity to the sound. The automatic muting of all previously ringing notes makes the VI sound artificial and choppy, no matter what kind of MIDI programming I do.

Is there a way you could make AGM and AGT automatically recognize which notes don’t change from chord to chord and keep them ringing?

Thanks,
Scott

Return to “Ample Sound”