Riffer playback in DAW

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently got Vintage Cherry and the 12 string acoustic, and they are both incredible - I am ridiculously impressed with what I've been able to make in a relatively short space of time (and it's much better than my actual guitar playing).

I have a lot to learn about creating parts, but I've fallen at an early hurdle and need some help.

I have a track that I've already written and I'm trying to add a riff to it, using VC. I'm okay to make the riff in Riffer and I know I can drag that riff to the host and play it from there, but is there any way to play it back without doing that? I can click the play button in the VST and it plays the riff without the track, or I can click the play button in my DAW and that plays the track, but without the riff.

I want to hear the riff played back with the track, without having to convert it to a MIDI track every time I make an edit. I don't expect it to be a mind reader - I'd be happy with a solution where I put the playhead in the relevant place and then click play.

I have seen a suggestion to put a MIDI track where I want the riff to play and add an A#8, bit I can't do that. I'm using Ableton Live and it goes up to G8 - no higher.

Is there any way to do this?

Okay, my search skills are clearly very weak. I did search and found nothing (other than the A#8 advice), but the next post in the forum had the answer I needed...
Ample Sound wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:01 am Thanks for asking, you can create a MIDI track, then play an #A6 to trigger Riffer play. this MIDI track could be exported to audio.
I'll get my coat.

Thanks for asking, the riff play keyswitch is A#6, it is not A#8.

Return to “Ample Sound”