Request: Midi CC as a note trigger?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering if in the near feature if we can bind midi-ccs to trigger events that are currently only accessible with pressing a note. I own a Roland Ax-Edge and playing Ample Sound guitars with it is pretty slick. However, in order to trigger things I currently have to use FL Studio to convert the midi-ccs to notes and it's a little complicated. It could be cool if I can click on a midi-cc button on the keytar and trigger a repeat note or use the mod-bar as a shift key to activate legato slides.

Thanks for your input, we will consider it. But it may take a few months before we do the actual development, because midi-cc signal is quite different with the keyboard midi signal per se, one is continuous, and the other one is discrete.

You can get a CC-Midi Note converter from OrangeTree at https://www.orangetreesamples.com/blog/ ... ads?page=2. I have never used it so can't vouch for it but if it didn't work well then OrangeTree would not still have it available.

@fretman, Thank you for your info. I have never used it either, and when I try to download it, my browser says I can not download it for safety reasons. If it works, it would save us a lot of work.

Oh, I should mention the OrangeTree converter is a Kontact Script (because their products require Kontact), so it may take some fancy routing to do this from Keyboard -> Kontact w/script -> AmpleSound.

Return to “Ample Sound”