lag and crackle with spire

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi to all,

I'm using spire from about 2-3 month. I've experienced this problem:
The problem happen when I use a pad sound, or generally a sound with a good number of voices per oscillator, and a long release.
If I play two chords, lets say Dm and C, with the root note, when I change the chord, I hear a crackle sound.
I usually use ableton live (32bit), but I've tried with logic pro x and in bitwig, and the same thing happen.
I've tried to increase the buffer, but using only one instance of spire, and the biggest buffer on ableton (1024 samples) i get the same problem.

I've a mac book pro, early 2011, with i7 2.2ghz, and I've used together many other plugins (kontakt, nexus, and other various synth, like sylenth1 and massive for pads) without any problem. But when I use one pad from spire, it block all my session, and I've to freeze/bounce the track to use it.

I've just tried the last versione 1.0.19, and the same thing happen...

There's any way I can "debug" the problem?
It's possible that is the cpu of my pc that is not enough powerfull? (an i7 2.2ghz is not enough?)

(to prevent the question... I'm using original software! I've the license for the daws and the synths and I've tested with the last stable version of the softwares)

Thanks to all
Daniele

mix359 wrote: I'm using spire from about 2-3 month.
It's possible that is the cpu of my pc that is not enough powerfull? (an i7 2.2ghz is not enough?)
Yes it's probably not enough...if the problem happens when you change chords it's because the total number of voices Spire plays in that moment is the new chords + the release envelopes of the old voices (still playing therefore). And probably the i7 can't handle it. I would say it's normal since Spire is quite a cpu-hungry synth compared to others, although the devs at Reveal Sound are working hard on the 1.1 update which will decrease significantly the CPU cycles of it.

i'm using spire a lot, but can't do serious pads with it at all...macbook pro, i5. have made peace with that for now, spire still kills for solo lines, basses, madness...

Thanks for the answer guys... I'm sadly that this thing cannot be solved...
I wish that the new version, is much lighter that this... (there isn't any beta list?)

Doesn't exists any dsp accellerator or external au/vst bridge that process a plugin like spire in another process or with another cpus? (like the uad satellite, but compatible with spire)

Thanks again

Return to “Reveal Sound”