Modulys 3 in development

Official support for: raxntrax.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sdv wrote:What ever happened to Modulys 3??
It was released without much fanfare, just download the current version from the website.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I've never been able to get Modulys to save my Packs & Presets properly in Mulab. I've spent a bit of lock-down time trying to *finally* figure out how to operate this software and now that I have crated something the app (v 3.0.1) won't save properly. Too bad as it's a beast and I reckon I'll just stick with Kirnu for now.
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

sdv wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:24 am I've never been able to get Modulys to save my Packs & Presets properly in Mulab. I've spent a bit of lock-down time trying to *finally* figure out how to operate this software and now that I have crated something the app (v 3.0.1) won't save properly. Too bad as it's a beast and I reckon I'll just stick with Kirnu for now.
Firstly : Sorry for the delay!
This looks like a security issue. Try to open your daw in "admin mode" (right-click the shortcut->open as admin) and try again. That should solve your problem.

Modulys 3.0.2 released.
This fixes saving presets/packs on some systems.

SQ4 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:49 pm Modulys 3.0.2 released.
Akways fast with fixes :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

SQ4 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:49 pm Modulys 3.0.2 released.
Ohhh, I'll download and try saving again. Thanks for the update as I thought maybe it had become abandonware. :D
I'll be trying RNT2 next, looks like it could be the closest replacement for Numerology on Windoze.
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

Is there a version 3.5 or 4 planned some day for this cool software or do you consider it finished?

Wanterkeelt wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:12 pm Is there a version 3.5 or 4 planned some day for this cool software or do you consider it finished?
I am open for feature requests!

Ah that's great.
For now an option to make the GUI would be great, since on the new screens with high resolution, it's a bit small.
I'm sure there will be more stuff I'd like to see added. I'll report in the next weeks, since I just did rediscover the plugin after some time.

One other feature request would be randomization in sequencer movement, so we would have forward, backward, pendulum, etc. etc. and RANDOM.
That and bigger GUI would be great for me.

Wanterkeelt wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:32 am ... bigger GUI would be great for me.
150% ?
200% would be quite big, I think...

SQ4 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:04 am
Wanterkeelt wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:32 am ... bigger GUI would be great for me.
150% ?
200% would be quite big, I think...
200% would be great on my screen resolution. 150% too
I don't know how difficult it would be to implement both, so I'd prefer 200% if I can only choose one

One other thing I'd like to see implemented is kind of a workflow improvement. AFAIK it's not yet in Modulys:
Say you have a pitch sequence of 4 steps: 0,7,3,12.
Suppose you want to extend this to 16 steps and then to change step 15. I guess for now you have to manually enter steps 5-16. It would be cool if there was a possibility to kind of "copy" steps 1-4 to 5-16 and then with one click just change step 15.
Or is that already possible? Thanks

Wanterkeelt wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:14 pm One other thing I'd like to see implemented is kind of a workflow improvement. AFAIK it's not yet in Modulys:
Say you have a pitch sequence of 4 steps: 0,7,3,12.
Suppose you want to extend this to 16 steps and then to change step 15. I guess for now you have to manually enter steps 5-16. It would be cool if there was a possibility to kind of "copy" steps 1-4 to 5-16 and then with one click just change step 15.
Or is that already possible? Thanks
Hold [Ctrl] when you click on step 16.

Oh great, thanks for that !!

Return to “RaXnTraX”