Felt Instruments: LEKKO - a character piano + tape-based sound design

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Felt Instruments
KVRer
4 posts since 30 Aug, 2019

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:38 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

Hi there! I'm extremely proud to announce LEKKO (https://feltinstruments.com/Lekko) - an intimate upright piano, recorded imperfectly through vintage analogue kit for maximum character and a collection of beautiful, textural sound design patches, exploring the world of tape and modular effects.

This is not the most deeply sampled piano ever with a gazillion mic positions. It has a particular sound that I happen to love. And I hope you will, too.

Available now at an intro price of £29 (going to £39 on September 12th).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRBZaCk_cXE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN4oTnCwJJ0

SO WHAT WILL YOU GET?
  • Piano sustains (5xRR). Three dynamic layers (one recorded, two simulated).
  • Characterful shorts (5xRR), going through finger-muted samples to full ringing. Three dynamic layers.
  • Irregular tremolos performed at two intensities (freestyle, not synced to tempo or anything).
  • All acustic patches include key release samples, recorded across the entire keyboard (5xRR).
  • 6 sound design ‘Afterglow’ patches, created by processing the raw samples with a selection of outboard equipment and tape.
  • 14 ‘Layers’ patches, allowing you to create your own combinations of sounds taken from the ‘Afterglow’ section.
  • 7.26GB download (ncw loseless compression, 12.6GB original content). All samples recorded at 96kHz. Presented at 24 bit, 48kHz.
  • Beautiful interface inspired by 20th century avant-garde design.
  • Full version of Kontakt 5.8.1 required. This library does not work in the free Kontakt Player.
More info:
https://feltinstruments.com/Lekko (https://feltinstruments.com/Lekko)
Last edited by Felt Instruments on Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feltinstruments.com

Felt Instruments
KVRer

Re: Felt Instruments: LEKKO - a character piano + tape-based sound design * INTRO PRICE *

Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:43 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Just a quick update - all downloads of Lekko and Wolno go through the Pulse app now. This basically means very fast downloads and hassle-free installation process. I've just finished sending the download codes to everyone who purchased Lekko. If you didn't get the email, please, check your spam folder and if it's not there, just get in touch at hello@feltinstruments.com (mailto:hello@feltinstruments.com)

The e-mail also includes a link to patches with the pedal noise lowered. These come as default now with every copy of Lekko downloaded via Pulse.

Pulse links for Wolno will be out today as well.
feltinstruments.com

Felt Instruments
KVRer

Re: Felt Instruments: LEKKO - a character piano + tape-based sound design * INTRO PRICE *

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:56 am

Just a friendly reminder that the intro price ends tomorrow at midnight (CET)!

Lekko 1.1 is coming later this week.
feltinstruments.com

Felt Instruments
KVRer

Re: Felt Instruments: LEKKO - a character piano + tape-based sound design

Post Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:29 pm

After quite some time of intensive work, I'm excited to let you know that Lekko and Wolno were just updated to version 1.1. Here's a quick overview of what's changed:

• There's now a second page on the interface that allows you to tweak the sound further (yes, including the much-requested sustain pedal volume!);
  • Another popular request was to introduce less CPU-heavy versions of the Afterglow patches. Well, here they are!;
  • It's possible now to select one of three echo types and three vintage reverb types. They were always included in the library but they were hidden behind the scenes and assigned on a per-patch basis during the sound design phase. Now you can make the choice yourself;
  • I've also captured one more vintage delay setting - sampled from a super-rare German BBD echo;
  • I've recorded some subtle performance noises for the library. There's a slider that allows you to dial them in - if you so desire;
  • The interface is more responsive and the knobs are smoother;
  • The folder structure is more tidy, making file navigation easier;
  • Some minor tweaks here and there;

The update is free so there's really nothing not to like about it ;-) All you need to do is to open the Pulse app, re-download the library and enjoy.

I can't wait to hear what you think!
feltinstruments.com

Return to “Soundware”