Alchemistry Beyond for Alchemy released on patchpool - 128 patches - 3.7 GB of samples

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sopulurn wrote:Have had this for a while now, here's some thoughts:

I have to say, even though i like some of the vocal patches, they can't be customized too much to fit more regular needs for a solo vocalist. however i believe this wasn't the initial purpose and with some tweaking, they can be used for a variety of different contexts.

as for the violin, and all the other acoustic (sounding) instruments... They're all fantastic and very usable. I've been doing this cinematic soundtrack type of stuff as of late and i keep coming back to these. Same goes for the pads. Amazing.

Haven't dwelled too deep into the fx/loops, but i've played through all of the patches and found many to my liking in every category.

Thanks for breathing new life into my Alchemy :)
Thank's for the nice feedback!
You're right, the vocal patches were not produced in terms of fitting in the most possible contexts and styles - other devs have that covered and I wouldn't try/want to compete with those (like e.g. Tonehammer's vocal series - rest in peace). But there will be more vocal samples/patches coming in future patchpool libraries, the human voice is just one of the most versatile and fascinating sound generators out there :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I'm enjoying all the vocal patches - I would love a soundset based on something like Berio's Thema
Speaking of Berio - I'll be doing the sound direction for a concert in Munich later this year where Berio's Sinfonia is being performed. The vocal ensemble Synergy Vocals from the UK are singing it and I'll ask them if they are interested/affordable for doing a sample session for another Alchemy/Kontakt Bank. We did this piece already last summer here in Berlin and they're performing it great!
Oh yes that would be great - I am a big admirer of Berio, particularly his vocal pieces.

I remembered to press record for a while today (usually I am so lost in the moment I just play and forget to record it). Obviously very derivative but I'm not claiming it's some great original piece - just me noodling with just one instance of one of these patches and using Kore to morph stuff:

Lovely, Stephen!

I've done a piece of meditation music with sounds from Alchemistry Beyond.

It's here: http://www.ubetoo.com/hienergy/52293

There's no automation, no effects and no mastering involved. Just pure meditative sound.

I hope you like it. Please give me some feedback.

HiEnergy wrote:I've done a piece of meditation music with sounds from Alchemistry Beyond.

It's here: http://www.ubetoo.com/hienergy/52293

There's no automation, no effects and no mastering involved. Just pure meditative sound.

I hope you like it. Please give me some feedback.
Light those incense sticks and close your eyes - I iike it, well structured, not too much Reverb, a mysterious but subtle overtone experience...give us some more!

Bump the Bank on a sunday afternoon...

Been through them all now - really great set - one of the best and most useful and inspiring musically. The only improvement I can think of is it wouldn't hurt to maybe have some ECO versions of some of the sounds - even on my i7 some of the patches place an excessive strain on the cpu and maybe voice counts of up to 24 is a bit much for some people?

aMUSEd wrote:Been through them all now - really great set - one of the best and most useful and inspiring musically. The only improvement I can think of is it wouldn't hurt to maybe have some ECO versions of some of the sounds - even on my i7 some of the patches place an excessive strain on the cpu and maybe voice counts of up to 24 is a bit much for some people?
The voice count setting are indeed a bit high for some computers but reducing them takes about 2 mouse clicks.

Thank's for the feedback Stephen, glad you're being ispired by this Bank! Making ECO versions is a hard decision, I already reduced everything I could but some patches can't be reduced even further without loosing a lot of their sonic qualities, especially when additive sources and High Quality Filters are involved. But maybe I'll find some time to check them all again and make some variations for the CPU heavy ones. Anyway I had almost no complaints from customers who bought this Bank in comparison to my first Alchemy Bank which is way more CPU-heavy, also because many more patches use additive and spectral sources.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Been through them all now - really great set - one of the best and most useful and inspiring musically. The only improvement I can think of is it wouldn't hurt to maybe have some ECO versions of some of the sounds - even on my i7 some of the patches place an excessive strain on the cpu and maybe voice counts of up to 24 is a bit much for some people?
The voice count setting are indeed a bit high for some computers but reducing them takes about 2 mouse clicks.

Thank's for the feedback Stephen, glad you're being ispired by this Bank! Making ECO versions is a hard decision, I already reduced everything I could but some patches can't be reduced even further without loosing a lot of their sonic qualities, especially when additive sources and High Quality Filters are involved. But maybe I'll find some time to check them all again and make some variations for the CPU heavy ones. Anyway I had almost no complaints from customers who bought this Bank in comparison to my first Alchemy Bank which is way more CPU-heavy, also because many more patches use additive and spectral sources.
Oh please don't see it as a complaint, just a suggestion for some "added value" that might even win you more customers from people who maybe would be put off by the CPU requirements. And yes I could have said the same about the first bank too - it applies to both really.

aMUSEd wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

Oh please don't see it as a complaint, just a suggestion for some "added value" that might even win you more customers from people who maybe would be put off by the CPU requirements. And yes I could have said the same about the first bank too - it applies to both really.
No, I considered your post to be a constructive proposal more than a complaint. The complaints came from customers from my first Bank who were trying to run it on a G4 Laptop on Logic, or an old G5 iMac - of course I can't design Alchemy sounds for those kinda specs. But most people said: those sounds are worth the CPU strain which I took as a compliment :)

Indeed they are. But just a few can't be played really how I want to play them (usually with lots of notes and expression etc) without maxing out the cpu (even on my system) so I have to also be pragmatic - better that they play than not play. I have had to make a few versions with less voices I'm afraid for myself. I will substitute the fuller voices when bouncing down.

Bumping the Bank on a rainy Thursday morning...

The next 3 buyers of Alchemistry Beyond get an unlimited subscription for my Alchemy patches for free, here is the subscription page and here is the product page for Alchemistry Beyond

Sampleconstruct wrote:The next 3 buyers of Alchemistry Beyond get an unlimited subscription for my Alchemy patches for free, here is the subscription page and here is the product page for Alchemistry Beyond
2 left...

Return to “Soundware”