A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

D N A wrote: If I were you, I would expand HARM(onic) tab. A possibility to draw custom waveform on screen (not as harmonics), maybe choose some predefined - square, saw, triangle etc. and some kind of operations ("round corners" etc.) would make Komplex Term also great tool for single cycle waveforms creator.
The problem is that Komplexer only can deal with sinewaves (positive or negative amplitude). Further it doesn't read the waveform but only the amplitude levels. It's not a real wavetable synth but an additive synth with spectral blending. Think of a Kawai K5/K5000...

So if you draw a waveform, it has to be fft - analyzed and on screen as in the Komplexer the result will sound (and look) very different from what you have drawn. So K-Term is limited to what the Komplexer is able to to - and that's only a part of what's possible with "true" wavetables.

Version 1.4: http://home.arcor.de/blacktomcat666/Komplex-Term.zip

Now there are three different modes on the table assembling page for transferring data into the table entry (replace, add, multiply). Further speed and memory consumption were improved and some minor bugs are fixed now.

blacktomcat666 wrote:Version 1.4: http://home.arcor.de/blacktomcat666/Komplex-Term.zip

Now there are three different modes on the table assembling page for transferring data into the table entry (replace, add, multiply). Further speed and memory consumption were improved and some minor bugs are fixed now.
Hi,
Thanks for the update and the additional instructions. Works perfectly and much faster. :tu:

You can also create very good wavetables for Alchemy. Save the wavetable as WAV and import into Alchemy as Aditive. With the position controller you can morph through these wavetable. Stretch slider to zero.

Is this how it's supposed to look? I can't seem to click anywhere. Manual mentions buttons?

ETA: Just tested it out on my macbook under WINE and works okay(I can see the buttons), although I had a crash trying to save. It's slightly too big for the 13" screen, but useable. Thanks for a program! By the way, it'd be pretty cool on an ipad. ;)

Hi,

it missing the menus on your screen at the bottom.

It's working great under WINE now. Thanks again!

Acer Hyperspace wrote:I LOVE GREEN!!!
+1000 ! The program looks pretty usfull aswell.

Nice program, I've got a few interesting sounds.

Hmm, I think I've missed it in the manual, where are the file stored on Windows? I've checked the C drive and program files.

abstractcats wrote:Hmm, I think I've missed it in the manual, where are the file stored on Windows? I've checked the C drive and program files.
If you mean the actual wavetables then they should be found in the folder you extracted the program to \data\wave or \data\wt depending off course upon if you're looking for wav files or wavetable files. C:\Komplex-Term(Version 1.4)\data or something probably not to dissimilar. If you didn't extract the zip file before you ran the program you probably won't find them anywhere. Sorry if I misread you.

Other than that I just want to say I found the program a great addition to Vaz Modular (even though my knowledge of physics is somewhat limited I'm happy to experiment so I can hear and explore for my self some of the possibilites), thank you so much for sharing blacktomcat666!

V-GER wrote:
abstractcats wrote:Hmm, I think I've missed it in the manual, where are the file stored on Windows? I've checked the C drive and program files.
If you mean the actual wavetables then they should be found in the folder you extracted the program to \data\wave or \data\wt depending off course upon if you're looking for wav files or wavetable files. C:\Komplex-Term(Version 1.4)\data or something probably not to dissimilar. If you didn't extract the zip file before you ran the program you probably won't find them anywhere. Sorry if I misread you.

Other than that I just want to say I found the program a great addition to Vaz Modular (even though my knowledge of physics is somewhat limited I'm happy to experiment so I can hear and explore for my self some of the possibilites), thank you so much for sharing blacktomcat666!
oops! I just double clicked and ran it. DOH! I'll try the unzip rout. Thanks V-GER.

Yup! That did it. thanks :)

Is there a "scalable version"? W7 is cutting off the bottom. I've tried adjusting the settings in W7 and in the software for my NVIDIA 8400 GS card but it wont adjust to fit on the screen :( I'm using a 32" flat TY/monitor.
Thanks.

Sorry, but this GUI is not scalable. And I've to admit that I'm no expert in window programming. Actually K-Term is MS-DOS Software and the window is generated automatically. :oops:

This software was ported to windows using a library called "WINBGIM", which has several bugs. If I scale it down, the fonts become unreadable and there wouldn't be enough space for the drawings of some pages. To be honest, I'm astonished that it runs on WIN7.

If I find a solution it will be implemented, but I'm afraid that scaling and scrolling is not possible with WINBGIM.

abstractcats wrote:Is there a "scalable version"? W7 is cutting off the bottom. I've tried adjusting the settings in W7 and in the software for my NVIDIA 8400 GS card but it wont adjust to fit on the screen :( I'm using a 32" flat TY/monitor.
Thanks.
Try the application settings on the executable (right click on the exe):
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... of-Windows

Run in 640 × 480 screen resolution
Runs the program in a smaller-sized window. Try this setting if the graphical user interface appears jagged or is rendered improperly.

OR

Compatibility mode
Runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows.

OR

Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
Turns off automatic resizing of programs if large-scale font size is in use. Try this setting if large-scale fonts are interfering with the appearance of the program.

One of those options should do the trick ;)

PS : Thanks for the program blacktomcat666 :love:

Return to “Soundware”