Absynth Heliopolis - Black Friday discount and new promo video!

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello KVR, how are you today?

I have released a brand new collection of 128 sounds for NI Absynth: Absynth Heliopolis.

Absynth Heliopolis is a collection of 128 evocative sounds aimed at ambient music, but also perfect for modern film scoring and deep electronica.

"Matt is a master at creating brilliant new sounds. Heliopolis is no exception. It's one of those banks I wish he wouldn't sell to anybody else!"
- Sascha Dikiciyan, aka Sonic Mayhem, Composer/Producer (Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, Tron: Evolution, Quake Series)

The collection is full of dark and beautiful pads, soaring and twisting soundscapes, subtle and shifting leads and keys, plus gentle and disturbing synth sequences and basslines.

So, if you're looking for huge but subtle ambiences, beautiful but disturbed synth noises, then Absynth Heliopolis is the soundset for you.

Priced at £14.99, you can also download a demo pack of 20 sounds to 'try before you buy'.

Heliopolis requires Absynth 5 (some sounds will not work in Absynth 4) and uses the .nabs format.

Check out some demo tracks. :)
http://soundcloud.com/the-unfinished/se ... olis-demos
Last edited by synaesthesia on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Don't forget the free demo of 20 sounds to entice you into buying it...

Absynth Heliopolis Free Demo

A little bump to celebrate the fact that some lovely person just bought all five of my synth soundsets in one go!

Just reached a bit of a sales landmark that I didn't expect to (certainly not this quickly), so to celebrate, I thought I'd give away a copy of the soundset.

So, the first person to chime in here and answer the question below wins a copy!

Q: What does Heliopolis mean?

Happy answering.

P.S. Don't be a tart and answer if you don't have Absynth 5, eh? :D

City of the Sun :)

Heliopolis was one of the oldest cities of ancient Egypt, the capital of the 13th Lower Egyptian nome that was located five miles (8 km) east of the Nile to the north of the apex of the Nile Delta. Heliopolis has been occupied since the Predynastic Period. ;)
Blue Phase Music

Congratulations 4lb Kitty!

Not a difficult question, but well done anyway. PM me your email address and I'll send a copy of the collection your way!

Cheers.

Nice competition! The real question is: why did you call it Heliopolis? I knew someone who lived in modern-day Heliopolis and I got the impression it was quite calm - even staid. But your sounds have a more ancient, timeless ring to them. Certainly Helios was very popular in the ancient world. I read somewhere recently that the Colossus of Rhodes was a statute of Helios - which I never knew.

Time to stop rambling and have some Sunday-morning coffee. Lovely demos. One day I will open up Absynth (so many synths, so little time) and I dare say I'll grab some of your banks to show me what to do with it. :tu:
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Thanks coincidental.

Good question. I'm not quite sure I remember. I know I was trying to come up with a theme for it, so I had some control of what sounds I chose to keep and which were put in the 'spare' pile. And I had this idea of an ancient city that was once a great capital, but had all but been abandoned.

Heliopolis just sprung up as a name for the city really. I think it was the first name that came into my head, as I don't remember rejecting any others.

I recommend having a play with Absynth, it can do some awesome noises. But don't have it too loud when you're experimenting as some of the feedback it can give is off the scale if you're not careful!

Demos of excellence indeed.

Congrats on the release 8)

Why thank you Geoff.

Haven't heard any sounds from you for a little while. Hope something is brewing in the Bluffmunkey studios.

synaesthesia wrote:Why thank you Geoff.

Haven't heard any sounds from you for a little while. Hope something is brewing in the Bluffmunkey studios.
Taking a long earned break from the internet and all it's distractions, but 'stuff' is looming :D

synaesthesia wrote:Congratulations 4lb Kitty!

Not a difficult question, but well done anyway. PM me your email address and I'll send a copy of the collection your way!

Cheers.
Thank you!

I'm really happy to have been the first to answer as I really wanted to purchase this soundset but money is really tight right now.

Thanks again! :)
Blue Phase Music

I've just had a listen to all of the presets in this set, and I can tell you right now that I'll be using this library extensively.

The sounds are really alive and useful.

Thank you for this, synaesthesia! What a wonderful birthday present. :)
Blue Phase Music

You're very welcome. Hope you enjoy them!

Black Friday discount of 33% off (just £9.99!) with the discount code: HELIOPOLISBLACK.

Here's a little promo video to tempt you... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnm00IYCsu0

Return to “Soundware”