Sonic Tabulator for Serum released on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Serum Sonic Tabulator

Spitfire31 wrote:With this soundset (and I've only had time to sample a smattering of the patches), Simon puts to rest the whole discussion about Serum as "cold" and "harsh" and "sterile".

These are wonderful sounds, in widely different styles – playable, detailed, different and exciting.

I did buy Codex, in fact, enticed by that same discussion. Now I find many Codex sounds veiled, muffled and often sounding a bit like an accordion. No doubt it can sound good, but that seems to be the main route of the sound designers involved with it, just as Serum gained its initial (unfair, I think) reputation through the plethora of ear piercing EDM patches in the factory banks.

Magnificent work, Simon! Are you going to try something similar with Codex? ;-)

/Joachim
Thank you, Joachim - coming back from the gym reading your nice feedback makes the rest of my morning for sure :)
To be honest: I never checked a single Serum factory preset (like I never listen to other factory presets of synths I buy because I want to explore an instrument without being influenced by anything), so I never got confronted with all the ear piercing, brittling noises people have been talking about. That's why I was always more ironic when contributing to the warm/cold-discussion, because if I want something to sound warm, I just program it (on any synth or sample player or my espresso machine or whatever).

I won't try Codex, I think for wavetable synthesis Serum is it, I've found an instrument I love and Serum has become a new developing platform for me now, next to all the other VIs and FX plugins I create sounds for. Reading that Codex only support 6 slots in the Modmatrix seemed so ridiculous, I would never even try it.

Bumping this release on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

Post release bump on a Monday evening.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/b ... demo-sonic

This release deserves another bump.

Finally had a chance to really dig deep into these patches, fantastic stuff, more a lurker here then a poster but these really deserve another bump!. :clap:

afcollett wrote:Finally had a chance to really dig deep into these patches, fantastic stuff, more a lurker here then a poster but these really deserve another bump!. :clap:
Thank's for chiming in, I'm glad you're enjoying the sounds!

One more bump for this release on a Saturday morning.

Well done Simon - I got Sonic Tabulator a few days ago and I'm really enjoying using the sounds, which bring a completely different feel to the (well-represented) dance presets of the Serum original Xfer presets.

Great stuff - and I look forward to Sonic Tabulator2 in the future :p

Doug1978 wrote:Well done Simon - I got Sonic Tabulator a few days ago and I'm really enjoying using the sounds, which bring a completely different feel to the (well-represented) dance presets of the Serum original Xfer presets.

Great stuff - and I look forward to Sonic Tabulator2 in the future :p
Thank's so much, Doug - I was already brainstorming about a name for the next set, it won't be ST2 I think, doing sequels is too easy, although for some sets and synths it works namewise.

Cool :)

Ps, I'm surprised no sound designer has taken the name Plasma yet for a Serum set.

Doug1978 wrote:Cool :)

Ps, I'm surprised no sound designer has taken the name Plasma yet for a Serum set.
Oh, I'm sure that one will be used soon :)

A 2-weeks-post-release-bump might be appropriate.

Just installed the Serum 1.0.3 Beta, it seems very stable, better than version 1.0.1 for sure. While testing I couldn't resist to play a quick and mellow pad impro with the "Breathy Sax Pad" from Sonic Tabulator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGEPkxseh-I

Plus you get more modulation slots - hopefully that will mean no more excuses for not using the macros fully (not referring to you Simon ;)).

aMUSEd wrote:Plus you get more modulation slots - hopefully that will mean no more excuses for not using the macros fully (not referring to you Simon ;)).
I think I will kick myself soon and update ST so that all patches use all 4 Macros, I often ran out of slots with version 1.0 but as you say, no more excuses now :)

Return to “Soundware”