NI Monark: 128 free presets based on the Minimoog patchbook by Klaus P. Rausch (old thread reposted)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monark

Ingonator wrote: Not more different than one Minimoog from the other. Really hard to get it closer than with Monark.
Also the parameter ranges are close to being 1:1 and in several cases i did not even do changes to the original values.
I don't agree with you but I also don't really want to argue about this ;) I've used few different minimoogs in my lifetime... They sound bit different but not that much. Some of those patches sounded really different though some were quite close. Let's just use what keeps us happy, I know I still seem to prefer hardware in the sound and timbre in this case.
Last edited by penguinfromdeep on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

double post
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

penguinfromdeep wrote:
Ingonator wrote: Not more different than one Minimoog from the other. Really hard to get it closer than with Monark.
Also the parameter ranges are close to being 1:1 and in several cases i did not even do changes to the original values.
I don't agree with you but I also don't really want to argue about this ;) I've used few different minimoogs in my lifetime... They sound bit different but not that much. Some of those patches sounded really different though some were quite close. Let's just use what keeps us happy, I know I still seem to prefer hardware in the sound and timbre in this case.
I had owned a real Mini back in 2005 and it seems to be difficult to find an emulation that sounds closer to the real thing.
As alraedy added to my earlier post Klaus P. Rausch himself mentioned the patches mostly sound identical to those at his own Minimoog.

FWIW i currently also own a Waldorf Pulse 2 analog synth for which i was a beta tester and factory sound designer. Also still got a Moog Slim Phatty but want to sell it.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thanks for the updated description Ingo. I've copied all of it into a file. Now I understand why the market is not flooded with 3rd party presets for this product! :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Here is a link to my other Monark related thread where i used the filter in my own ensembles (e.g. in combination with a "Supersaw" oscillator module):

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=387662

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Here is a link to my other Monark related thread where i used the filter in my own ensembles (e.g. in combination with a "Supersaw" oscillator module):

Ingo
I now have an 'Ingo Folder' with all of these links and Presets.

That Supersaw Page looks very cool! :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Here is a link to my other Monark related thread where i used the filter in my own ensembles (e.g. in combination with a "Supersaw" oscillator module):

Ingo
I now have an 'Ingo Folder' with all of these links and Presets.

That Supersaw Page looks very cool! :)
Thanks for your kind comments. Acually i have to re-check some of that "old" stuff myself again.
Have not used some of that for a while.
Ingo Weidner

thanks Ingo :love:

Great thread. You are a war hero, Ingo.

If you do the poly monark edit, the Monark gui doesn't change when editing values...Any fix for this?

Ingo, thank you for this soundbank. I just recently got Monark and it was nice to see that there is some free patches available. And also BIG thanks for the tutorial on how this whole Reaktor preset thing works. I am new to Reaktor and I found this really helpful.

I don't have original Minimoog so I can't compare Monark to it, but I do have a Voyager and some other analog synths. To my ears Monark sounds really good. In fact it's becoming one of my favorite analog emulations.

I added the presets chose one, it completely changed the layout of my monark ensemble. I don't know what the heck I've done, but I want it back to how it was and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Please help.
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

Ignore the above, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I was confusing two synths. :lol: :dog:
Why not try some amazing fractal graphics for your art? I've got a site all about them at JWildfire Sanctuary

Thanx for the presets and the clear install notes Ingo!

Hi Ingo, all Dropbox links in this thread are dead. Would you consider making the presets available again?

Return to “Soundware”