Metaphysical Fabrications: Free presets, samples, & features for Reaktor’s Metaphysical Function

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

I just released my first free independent sound library, Metaphysical Fabrications, for Reaktor’s Metaphysical Function: 52 new snapshots, 30 new samples, and 9 new features. Download the library for free at http://contortdistort.com/index.php/sound-shop/

Metaphysical Function is one of the first professional sound design projects I worked on. After spending most of my career doing video game audio at Rockstar Games, it was really fun to come full circle and revisit my beginnings as a professional sound designer. I approached making these sounds from the perspective of pure sound design and letting my creative juices flow. I hope you enjoy the new sounds (and new features) as much as I’ve enjoyed creating them!

Metaphysical Fabrications is a unique and creative collection of evolving smooth and complex soundscapes, pulsing and arrhythmic textures, heavy and raw creations, and swirling shaped drones.

New features include the ability to play the Resochord like a musical instrument via MIDI note input, providing faster and engaging control of each comb filter’s pitch; the ability to create chord progressions with the Resochord via Metaphysical Function’s slider automation or via MIDI note input; Oscillator trim; Stereo input toggle; Sample vs Input crossfade; Pitch bend and Mod Wheel control; and re-triggering of Sampler and Slider Automation via MIDI note input.

For an introduction to the sounds, new features, and insights into the sound design techniques what went into creating some of the sounds in Metaphysical Fabrications, check out these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... LZtQBQKSFR

https://soundcloud.com/contortdistort/s ... brications
Sound Designer @contortDistort
www.contortDistort.com

Very interesting, thanks!

Thank you for the new sounds...and the explanatory videos!

:tu:
바보

Thanks so much for the comments! I put a lot of work into these sounds and videos, so I’m really glad you like them. :) Looking forward to doing more stuff like this.
Sound Designer @contortDistort
www.contortDistort.com

Sounds amazing. Thank you very much for sharing.
Very nice video presentations.

Preset 'Bumps in the night' could be the theme for KVR's Market Place. :)

Edit: Actually the videos are brilliant. So informative. Could watch videos like these for hours. Brilliant work.

thank you for your work!

Great demo sounds and very generous offer! One question: is this OK for Reaktor 5?

spirit wrote:Great demo sounds and very generous offer! One question: is this OK for Reaktor 5?
I also needed to know this, and went searching. From the product page

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

249.5 MB of disc space

Really appreciate this. Look forward to testing it when a bit more free time happens :tu:

spirit wrote:Great demo sounds and very generous offer! One question: is this OK for Reaktor 5?
I can get it to load in R5 on mac.

Hi kjeldsen,

what a great emsemble and I love that now you can "tune" it to the midi track.

One question only: is there any way to start/stop the playing from the sequencer ? I use it in Tracktion and have problems saving my projects while the ensemble is endlessly playing, did not find a way to start/stop it in sync with the sequencer.

These are brilliant, and work perfectly for me in Reaktor 5, Windows 8.1. Thanks very much for this generous gift.

Very cool, looking forward to checking it out :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

whoa! thanks
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

Wow the original is awesome but this take's it to a whole new level, thank you :tu: :party: Cdp ftw! :D
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

tatanka wrote:Hi kjeldsen,

what a great emsemble and I love that now you can "tune" it to the midi track.

One question only: is there any way to start/stop the playing from the sequencer ? I use it in Tracktion and have problems saving my projects while the ensemble is endlessly playing, did not find a way to start/stop it in sync with the sequencer.
As far as I know, if MF is on then it is playing. Record to audio is the way I get duplicate loops in sync.

(And, to the OP, I look forward to the additional videos!)
바보

Return to “Soundware”