Native Instrumens Expansions... opinions?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do NI and their friendly loan partners think about the new loops, samples and patch libraries ?

Kaching $$$$$ :wink:
No auto tune...

So do any of them have a decent quality of synth presets? (ie more than say 50)

Most interested in new Prism presets and most not interested in pop/edm bassy and drum stuff

So someone has to go on and test them...
Just received a 25% off code from NI and think about trying Prismatic Bliss. There is some cash on my Paypal from a recent selling here on KVR. Curiosity is driving me...

martinjuenke wrote:So someone has to go on and test them...
Just received a 25% off code from NI and think about trying Prismatic Bliss. There is some cash on my Paypal from a recent selling here on KVR. Curiosity is driving me...
Just had a look at this - you'd think give the title and 'theme' it would have more than 16 Prism presets? Looks like none of them have many. I'd rather they gathered them all together than spread them out this way. It's really very much a money grabber.

All they've done is modified existing Maschine expansions so they now include Battery presets as well. The synth presets were already included in the original Maschine expansions, and usually there are only 12-20 or so per pack.

This was an easy money grab for NI: convert some Maschine kits into Battery samples so you can sell these (maschine) Expansions to folks who don't own Maschine.

I guess it makes sense, but it's far from exciting.

and FWIW, in my personal opinion, the various synth presets included in the Maschine expansions have never been very exciting or useful, but YMMV.

-M

Okay, bought it.
I‘m underwhelmed:
# No specific documentation beside the 4 years old machine doc.
# Installation process is more or less manual, so you have to rebuild the database for Massive and you have to install the Prism aka Reaktor presets manually with all the downside of the prehistoric, nerdy Reaktor preset management
# The loops are simple WAVs (and REX2), no integration as Apple Loops prepared
# No midi files in addition to the loops
# ...
All in all you get the impression NI rushed out a patchwork of unintegrated and user unfriendly items for what reason ever.
So from my point of view not the best bargain I had.
But tastes differ...

Hi you shouldn't have to manual rebuild massive database, when you start it in standalone mode it suppose to rebuild by itself.
I find to use prism and monark you are indeed better off using Komplete Kontrol or Maschine software to access them..
rsp
martinjuenke wrote:
Okay, bought it.
I‘m underwhelmed:
# No specific documentation beside the 4 years old machine doc.
# Installation process is more or less manual, so you have to rebuild the database for Massive and you have to install the Prism aka Reaktor presets manually with all the downside of the prehistoric, nerdy Reaktor preset management
# The loops are simple WAVs (and REX2), no integration as Apple Loops prepared
# No midi files in addition to the loops
# ...
All in all you get the impression NI rushed out a patchwork of unintegrated and user unfriendly items for what reason ever.
So from my point of view not the best bargain I had.
But tastes differ...
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Good remark, ZVENX!
Access is indeed a bit more easy via Komplete Kontrol.
But my overall conclusion remains the same:
A hodgepodge of mixed things without an integrated framework. Good for those who like it...

Oh I definitely agree with you and been begging NI to address presets on reaktor yearssss now.

on a different note...

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=500384

selling Resonant Blaze and Halcyon Sky.

thanks

rsp
sound sculptist

Why did they say for the first time NI released new kits for Battery? What about Synthetic Drums 1 and 2, they were battery drum kits.

For a discount or sale I might buy it.

martinjuenke wrote: Okay, bought it.
I‘m underwhelmed:
What pack did you get?

macmuse wrote:
I‘m underwhelmed:
What pack did you get?
In the very post you quoted, it says Prismatic Bliss.

Sorry I didn’t see that.

I’m Underwhelmed.....
Martin, I understand that the organization of the pack is not so great, but how are the sounds and presets for Prismatic Bliss? This pack is “made in collaboration with Mode Audio”, and I really like some of the other sample sets that Mode Audio makes. It’s nice to have everything organized in a live pack, etc., but to me the sounds and presets are really what matters! Any comments on the sounds and presets?

noddog wrote:
I’m Underwhelmed.....
Martin, I understand that the organization of the pack is not so great, but how are the sounds and presets for Prismatic Bliss? This pack is “made in collaboration with Mode Audio”, and I really like some of the other sample sets that Mode Audio makes. It’s nice to have everything organized in a live pack, etc., but to me the sounds and presets are really what matters! Any comments on the sounds and presets?
Well it looks like the number of synth presets is pretty pathetic - they are mostly padded with samples. For example Prismatic Bliss has 16 Prism presets (despite the name).

Return to “Soundware”