Looking for Waldorf/Microwave/PPG type sample libraries for Kontakt

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for high quality libraries comparable to Pink Noise Orange, Pink Noise Lemon, and Zero-G Nostalia. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Not for Kontakt but UVI WaveRunner:
https://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-synth/waverunner.html
Works in the free UVI Workstation plugin or in UVI Falcon 2.

FWIW i do not own this library while i got UVI Falcon 2 and many wavetable softsynths including those from Waldorf and PPG (Wolfgang Palm).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

You could autosample the demos of their software instruments using FLStudio, Directwave, Bliss, Freestyle etc

Or buy Largo as its currently the same price as a sample pack
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Ingonator: I didn't realize I could run UVI Waverunner through Falcon 2 (but now that I think about it, it does make sense). I actually owned Falcon 2 at one point and I think some of the editing I wanted to do with Kontakt I could have done with Falcon 2. Maybe I'll revisit that someday. Thanks for pointing that out to me though.

VariKusBrainZ: To be honest, I only half read your comment the first time, but after letting the thought sit in my brain a while, I think that might be a great option. I have some VSTs that have the kind of sounds I'm looking for, but I can't edit them as I would be able to in Kontakt. After doing some research, I found out I can sample the preset in Bliss and export it as an sfz file, then play the sfz preset through Kontakt.

Homegrown Sounds do a few wavetable type Kontakt instruments. They're not sample libraries of existing WT synths, they're new wavetable synths built in Kontakt.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

brick:

I had read about Bluewave by Goldbaby, and I even downloaded a few patches from the set somewhere. The ones I tried sounded okay, but I figure they were probably not the best from the set. Do you have the set, and if so, could you give me your honest opinion on it? Thanks.

whyterabbyt:

I checked around the Homegrown Sounds website and read about some of their products that touch on a couple of Waldorf synths (Pulse and Largo specifically) and listened to some of their synths, but so far I haven't found anything I'm looking for. Will keep looking though...

terriandralph wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:18 am brick:

I had read about Bluewave by Goldbaby, and I even downloaded a few patches from the set somewhere. The ones I tried sounded okay, but I figure they were probably not the best from the set. Do you have the set, and if so, could you give me your honest opinion on it? Thanks.
Sorry, I dont own a copy of the set. I've bought a few libraries from Goldbaby in the past and they were always excellent. Might be worth asking for user opinions in Gearslutz's Electronics music forum..

@terriandralph: Did you get Largo in the recent sale? Has the Microwave and PPG wavetables, and you even can get reasonable close (I guess...) with the sound, because Largo allows to mimic the early Waldorf synth's wavetable resolution with the "Brilliance" parameter.

That said, I'm not sure what you're after specifically, when you say that you listened to it, and didn't find what you're looking for.

Yeh, Largo was 25 bucks last week, cheaper top buy the synth than a sample pack!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yeah. And all the advantages of a real synth.

I saw the sale on Largo last week and I'm pretty much kicking myself for not taking advantage of the sale (it was only $30 after all). The main reason I didn't buy it though is that I would like to do microtuning with those kinds of sounds, and Largo (along with the Waldorf PPG VSTs) doesn't have microtuning capability. I am still considering purchasing Largo - who knows, maybe if I do decide to buy it, I can try to buy it from someone who purchased it for $30 last week and decided they don't want it any more, and I can still buy it at a steep discount.

For some reason I'm getting the message "There has been an error processing your request" when I go to the JRR Shop website.

Return to “Soundware”