Touch The Universe Group Buy 2020 | Last Chance to Grab all the Soundsets at 90% Off!

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No worries. Would be nice to have them for the weekend if possible, that's my main music tinkering time.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:49 pm
I will be like, ok guys, you have 48 hours to increase your bid to $50 for everything, or I will refund ya.

I hope this is a bit more clear.
Not in the slightest. As I said earlier, not everyone can afford $50 right now. Many of us own some of your sounds already so I for one, paid what I can for a lower tier, but now it seems to be "gimme $50 or nothing". I really don't understand your logic, sorry. You say you're doing it this way to not upset current customers, but (personally speaking) this is exactly what you're doing.

Sorry man, I know you're in trouble and I thought I was helping, but apparently that's not enough.

I wish you all the best, but please rethink how you're handling this situation with your current customers.

I'm doing the best I can. I'm like pretty much very well aware that this is a very not good idea, but it is what it is. I want to say more, but not in public, let me just assure you, that it is in my best interest right now to incentivize people to pledge the highest amount of money as possible. If you want my real thoughts, send me a PM. You have nothing to worry about, for real.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

AnX wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:29 am could you not get a loan? :wink:
Well played. :clap:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

MikeCallon wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:42 pm
Touch The Universe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:49 pm
I will be like, ok guys, you have 48 hours to increase your bid to $50 for everything, or I will refund ya.

I hope this is a bit more clear.
Not in the slightest. As I said earlier, not everyone can afford $50 right now. Many of us own some of your sounds already so I for one, paid what I can for a lower tier, but now it seems to be "gimme $50 or nothing". I really don't understand your logic, sorry. You say you're doing it this way to not upset current customers, but (personally speaking) this is exactly what you're doing.

Sorry man, I know you're in trouble and I thought I was helping, but apparently that's not enough.

I wish you all the best, but please rethink how you're handling this situation with your current customers.
I sent $52 so this doesn't directly affect me, currently anyway.
But I am even more curious to find out under what parameters/conditions would those who sent to get a few packs, actually get a few packs and not money returned.

rsp
sound sculptist

If I make 5000 dollars, and there are 12 people with under $20 dollar bids, I will return the low bids.

As it stands, suffice it to say, there is an 60 percent chance this WILL NOT happen, lol.

Cheers
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

We have officially crossed the halfway point of my original, slightly arbitrary, objective of 100 participants.

We are at 52!! Yet, we are just under halfway to the refined goal, of the actual supposed cost of replacement for the engine.

However, I'll say this, as of now, I have a flight booked this friday back to TN and I have a vehical transport bringing my ride back home to me. The total cost, just for me to get back home, traveling expenses and vehicle transport is 1600. This is the most efficient way to proceed as of now, as it buys me more time to fix the engine when I am home. The toy to the nearest mechanic would be 750!! and which is half the transport cost, and once there, I am at the mercy of the repair bill. Alas, I believe I chose the most prudent action so far.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:49 pm Guys, no worries, I will give a day or two notice in ANY event where I feel I have raised an enormous amount of money, that I don't need 12 or so $15 dollar bids, ya feel me.
Sorry you’re in trouble, but this is a total mess :shrug:

I received my soundsets and I think they are really good and fun to play with.
Thank you again, and I hope you'll get this sorted out. :hug:

Touch The Universe wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:16 am If I make 5000 dollars, and there are 12 people with under $20 dollar bids, I will return the low bids.

As it stands, suffice it to say, there is an 60 percent chance this WILL NOT happen, lol.

Cheers
You'd probably be better off removing the clause about returning the lower bids, I bet you'd get closer to your target faster although you may feel you are trading off money now with potentially more money later. Also you've not given an end date for the group buy so it's hard for them to judge if it's worth the hassle even if in theory no-one's actually losing out.

I don't have any of your soundsets so the $50 deal seems a great one, but can understand why those who already own most of the soundsets and are only after 3 or 4 new sets are annoyed by the situation, you're kind of kicking your most loyal customers.

My suggestion - add a closing date to the deal, remove the 'returning bids' clause and email the mod on the AudioProductions subreddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/AudioProductionDeals/
to let you post the deal up there.
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:52 pmit is in my best interest right now to incentivize people to pledge the highest amount of money as possible.
Of course it is. But in most cases this will involve people having to buy many soundsets for synths they don’t own, and likely have no interest in owning.

And you seem to be treating those who wish to just buy for the one or two synths that they own as second-class citizens; That is, unless you don’t convince users to buy more than they need, in which case you’ll be happy to take their money.

All this before mentioning the issue that PP fees (Yes, they need to be paid by every customer), won’t be refunded, making it a literal gamble for the lower-tier customers.

At least now that you’re going to be able to get the car and yourself home, there will be less urgency. With the extra time and space you might be able to consider other options, before considering gutting your business and losing customers in the process.

Ditto- happy to buy all the sound packs for all the synths I own on your list (Omni and Dune- the new Omni pack when it comes out as well)

I already have your Rapid packs - hope you do a few more when granular added this month ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

davidka wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:43 am I received my soundsets and I think they are really good and fun to play with.
You got your soundsets already?

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:46 am
davidka wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:43 am I received my soundsets and I think they are really good and fun to play with.
You got your soundsets already?

rsp
Has anyone received soundsets as part of this deal yet?

I definitely need to get in on this. Is there a set end date to this?

Return to “Soundware”