Alesis Q Card Images

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
KVRer
1 posts since 16 May, 2021

Post Sat May 15, 2021 6:16 pm

Hi all, I'm new to synths in general. I recently picked up a QS6 cheap, and was wondering what equipment I'd need to do this with a modern laptop. Has anyone had luck with USB to PCMCIA adaptors? Would this theoretically even work?

Thanks in advance for any info.

KVRist
46 posts since 29 Mar, 2009 from California

Post Sat May 29, 2021 3:26 pm

dragonslair wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:19 am
With the help of Google Translate, and the Wayback Machine, I managed to find the rest of the Qcard images, so now I have all of them, I also found the .syx files for all the extra banks that came on the floppy disks with the Qcards.
That's awesome... I just picked up an S4 Plus module and a couple AMD 8MB cards, so am trying to collect this stuff myself.

Care to share what you found and/or where you found it?

I have found almost all the actual .img files, but no .syx banks, or .pdf (or any other format) files of the accompanying booklets/lists. Do you find any of that kind of documentation?

Are the .syx files necessary? Where did you find them?

As for the history of the cards themselves, I am also a little confused if there exists different QCard and Quadra Card versions of the "Rap Techo Dance" genre, or if they are really the same?

I have come across evidence of:
  • QCard R81411046 - Rap Techo Dance
  • Quadra Card R81400279 - Rap Techno Dance
I found an .img file identified as "R8 - Rap Techno Dance", but that is still not definitive, since both card numbers (above) begin with "R8".

For Quadra Cards, I seem to have found everything mentioned online except:
  • R1 - Stereo Grand Piano
I have found R5, R6, R7, and maybe R8 -- see above. (Was there even an R2, R3, or R4, or anything beyond R8?)

For QCards, I seem to have found everything mentioned online except:
  • Z8 - Classical Instrument Plus
I have found Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4, Z5, Z6, Z7, ZA, and ZB. (Was there ever a Z9, or anything beyond ZB?)
Thanks,
- Matt

KVRer
18 posts since 20 Apr, 2011

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:00 am

Emrush Chevski wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:36 am
Fortune favors the diligent - https://www.4shared.com/postDownload/At ... cards.html
That is indeed a rare boon to stumble upon and with a link that actually worked and still is working. Thanks for sharing indeed. Curently I am more focused on genre specific sequencing/composition and a crater of skills deficit. I am close to deciding to get rid of 95% of my music hardware; the whole hoarding ' GAS' thing might be the biggest mistake I have made in my lifetime ... but at least I could (and should) recoup some of the 'investments' made ...

Return to “Soundware”