Poly-chaining plugins in Bitwig.

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I used to easily poly-chain several instances of Legend in Ableton Live using a free M4L device called "Polymind." Of course there's no M4L in Bitwig, so I'm searching for a way to replicate this. Basically I just want to run 4 instances of Legend, each in 4 note polyphony mode for a total of 16 note polyphony. I tried Xhip's Notelogic, but I can't see any way to properly set it up. Is this just not possible in Bitwig?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:15 pm I used to easily poly-chain several instances of Legend in Ableton Live using a free M4L device called "Polymind." Of course there's no M4L in Bitwig, so I'm searching for a way to replicate this. Basically I just want to run 4 instances of Legend, each in 4 note polyphony mode for a total of 16 note polyphony. I tried Xhip's Notelogic, but I can't see any way to properly set it up. Is this just not possible in Bitwig?
Use an instrument Layer and channel filter in front of your Legend. Fill 4 slots with that...

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:10 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:15 pm I used to easily poly-chain several instances of Legend in Ableton Live using a free M4L device called "Polymind." Of course there's no M4L in Bitwig, so I'm searching for a way to replicate this. Basically I just want to run 4 instances of Legend, each in 4 note polyphony mode for a total of 16 note polyphony. I tried Xhip's Notelogic, but I can't see any way to properly set it up. Is this just not possible in Bitwig?
Use an instrument Layer and channel filter in front of your Legend. Fill 4 slots with that...
That only works if you have a way to distribute incoming notes across 4 midi channels.

There is also a channel mapper, in case you don't have a MPE controler...; - )

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:39 pm There is also a channel mapper, in case you don't have a MPE controler...; - )
A channel mapper will not alternate midi notes all coming in on channel 1 across channels 1-4

Piz midiPolyphony

Put in a note counter in the channel map to switch the channel of each incoming note to create a kind of channel round robin:
Set the modulation depth for the counter to 3.
Each layer receives on a different channel.

Works for me :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

cool

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:15 pm

I cant seem to get any sustain using this method,is it working with a synth?

ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:15 pm Put in a note counter in the channel map to switch the channel of each incoming note to create a kind of channel round robin:
Cheers,

Tom
:tu:

ere2learn wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:49 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:15 pm

I cant seem to get any sustain using this method,is it working with a synth?
The sustain needs to go to all instances somehow...
Test if Piz MidiPolyphony does it correctly...

You could also try a note layer device and see if you can make the sustain go to all channels at once.
I think all the elements are there, but didn't try it myself.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ere2learn wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 pm Piz midiPolyphony

:hyper: This is the correct answer! Thank you so much! Man, Bitwig sure makes you jump though a hoop to get that done. :roll:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Where are all the Insert Piz Here stuff at? Every link I try leads to an account suspended page.
-JH

Return to “Bitwig”