machinesworking
KVRAF
2145 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:09 pm

antic604 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:57 am
machinesworking wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:32 am
OK you're commenting like you've somehow gotten it to work outside of the video shown. Have you? or are you basing this off of perceived functionally? I've gotten this behavior to work exactly like shown in Xbitz's video, without using Alternative Copy, and only with Alt/Option dragging notes to duplicate like shown in the video.

Using the pencil tool does not replicate this behavior, it only makes notes in the clip you're currently in. Option/Alt dragging makes new notes in all copies of the clips you select. In fact Option/Alt dragging seems to be the only way, if you select without lassoing the note, it does not replicate across all clips. This is the behavior I see here.
This is just a fraction of required functionality. That's why I'm saying alias/linked clips are still needed. What's there might actually be a bug, because I can't understand why it even works for this isolated case.

Regarding pencil, I thought it was a general comment, not with regard to alias/linked clips. My bad.
OK that all makes sense, I read it like you had discovered a different way. At least we have a way that works for now though!

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
7870 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: Did you know (Tips and Tricks) NO CHAT!

Post Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:58 am

xbitz wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:22 pm
^^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8oec1V2SeI
Yeah like that. You don't even need nuance though to since you don't need to make an SFZ. You can also uses moss's tool to create multisamples from the raw samples that were frozen by freestyle.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
7870 posts since 12 May, 2008

Post Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:22 am

I have another tip related to Freestyle: You can use the macros in Freestyle to send midi cc to other devices on the track. Similar to using the midi cc device in bitwig. But the cool thing with Freestyle is that you have really easy snapshot functionality, which can be recalled by program change. So using midi modulation on Bitwig device parameters, you can now have snapshots of those parameters. These could be triggered manually by program change, or other modulators controlling program change (like a macro), or embedded into a clip.

NewSonicArts also just made a modification where the macros get enabled when you give them a label, so you don't need to load devices inside it if you are using it for external device control. Very responsive developer!

So with the auto-sampling that can be used with Bitwig's sampler and the midi cc snapshots, I'd say it's probably the best tool a Bitwig user can get.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

xbitz
KVRAF
2676 posts since 3 Oct, 2013 from Budapest

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:47 am

if u think Bitwig colors look like bit childish try with Midtones 10/Blacklevel 100 as in this series https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... xmKsVmiFt-

personally I like it much better
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

foosnark
KVRAF
5107 posts since 9 Jan, 2003 from Saint Louis MO

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:53 pm

For continuous loops without having to mess with MIDI/note latch:

- Use the Sampler in Bitwig Grid, enable looping, and patch a Value module into its trigger input.

To make any instrument device drone without using MIDI:

- DC Offset into Replacer. I find the most convenient way to set it up is to put them in a Chain with a button to toggle the DC Offset from 0 to max, and save that as a preset.

Return to “Bitwig”