Bitwig Resources

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
User avatar
moss
KVRAF
3224 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Update for the Arturia Beatstep script is ready which also supports the Pro:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p6257201

Bobby L'Avenir
KVRist
390 posts since 2 Jun, 2015

Post Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:39 pm

IDENTIFICATOR wrote:
you want to use your virus as midi controller?
I want to control all parameters via bitwig native scripting plugin.
I tried Virus B VST from Ctrlr, but it crashes with errors and hangs up tightly Bitwig after a while.
Is anyone even getting the virus TI to work in a project without nothing but issues? It loads fine in an empty project but as soon as you get going nothing but drama :dog: Same with refx Nexus :(

User avatar
moss
KVRAF
3224 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:32 am

I released a bunch of new controller videos:

Launchpad Pro and Launchpad MkII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2AoQStXs9o

Ableton Push - Version 5.01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wGcgzCPUD8

Akai APC40mkI and mkII - Version 3.01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC14NJMbsak

Beatstep and Beatstep Pro - Version 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9-OGhkM4jA

reflekshun
KVRian
500 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Baltimore, MD

Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:24 am

These are pretty basic level stuff, good for those starting out or consolidating what they know. But hopefully also encourages creative thinking with the basic Bitwig stuff!

Bitwig Walkthrough - Using Device Panel Mappings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6HuBKpaihU

Bitwig Walkthrough - Mapping and Using Macros
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG7zlF6kJTY
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Audio Engineer / Music Producer

User avatar
David Boura
KVRist
293 posts since 17 Sep, 2015 from France

Post Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:51 am

[quote="reflekshun"]Bitwig Walkthrough - Using Device Panel Mappings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6HuBKpaihU

@3:46 : great thanks for the enlightment, simple as that, life changer :party:

User avatar
pboy
KVRist
378 posts since 28 Apr, 2003 from Sweden

Post Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:45 am

A couple of hundred presets for one of my fav soft synths, the Arturia Moog Modular V. Mostly the default library, expanded and tweaked a bit to my taste.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2b5fhw475eto ... 8enUa?dl=0
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

c-wave
KVRian
632 posts since 31 May, 2014

Post Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:10 am

pboy wrote:A couple of hundred presets for one of my fav soft synths, the Arturia Moog Modular V. Mostly the default library, expanded and tweaked a bit to my taste.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2b5fhw475eto ... 8enUa?dl=0
I've got Arthurian mini v2.. Works?
thanks.

User avatar
pboy
KVRist
378 posts since 28 Apr, 2003 from Sweden

Post Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:17 am

c-wave wrote:I've got Arthurian mini v2.. Works?
thanks.
I would guess not, because the Mini is a different instrument than the Modular.
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

Civa
KVRist
32 posts since 21 Nov, 2015

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:30 am

Beerhunter wrote:@ Suloo
Nice approach, but this is not true surround, just quadraphonic..would really love to have full multichannel support, with LFE channel and 5 additional outputs. Do you know if that is planned maybe?
That´s true, i did create a real setup. I did use an 7.1 soundcard (Scarlett 18i20) for production.
First you have to make sure that every Output of Bitwig is connected rightly to the right Output of your soundcard. (see pic 1, Scarlett mixer)
(I did this running Win, ´cause Focusrite does not support an GUI for Linux) So I connected the Mix 1,this containes DAW 1 and 2, as you can see on the pic in the right corner, to the Monitor Output 1 and 2 (can be found on the pic under Routing Presets, pic 1). Afterwards i connected DAW 3, which in my case the Center channel (see pic 2) (I did set it up this way, you gotta see which configuration your soundcard has.) to Line Output 3, which is the Center channel on the Scarlett HW.

If it´s all done, you gotta set up an Effect Track in Bitwig for each of these groups, depending on your configuration you have 6-8 Mono Tracks, or in my case 3 stereo ( for Front, Rear and Surround side) and the rest are Mono tracks.

It might be useful to setup high and low-pass filter on the individual tracks. For example, If you use the send knobs on the Bass line track, you can send the Full ammount to the LFE channel an a smaller portion to the Front if you like (i wouldn´t cut the Front speakers of any freq. if they can play the full range). Honestly i haven´t figured it out how to make a sound pass all of the speakers except the LFE. So that it may start in the Front and endup in the Rearspeakers.

Hope this might be helpfull.

greetings

B
I'm actually interested in this, and I think I saw the write up on Tom's blog, at one time.
I have his preset, but am unsure where to put it: XY Effect, or XY Instrument
I also would like to know if the setup described here could be used for 8 channels (must subs connect to my monitors, so an LFE Channel is unnecessary for what I am trying to do. From everything I have researched, in today's digital age, and LFE is virtually unnecessary anyway)

Can anyone answer these two questions for me?

Thank you.

User avatar
ThomasHelzle
KVRAF
6013 posts since 9 Dec, 2008 from Berlin

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:38 am

XY Effect or XY Instrument does not matter in principle, since I only use the XY pad as modulation source, not it's actual functions. But in this case I used the XY Effect it seems, so you put the extracted file in your user library:
...BitwigStudio\Library\Presets\XY Effect

I found a brilliant panner for 5.1 recently: http://jsplugins.supermaailma.net/vstplugins.php
A bit further down the page. But it's only for Windows and currently crashes on reload, something is wrong with parameter loading. I reported it to Bitwig, but I'm not sure if they can fix it. The mail-form on the website is broken so I can't contact the dev.

I would think that for 8 channels things will become quite uncomfortable.
1.2 introduced group channels and with their local sends that can send to global sends, one of the main obstacles is gone, but still I would not want to deal with 8 channels manually in this manner.
Creating a surround panner for that in the way I did it for 4 speakers would be possible, but quite involved - I think you would be better off using a VST or Reaktor to build it.
So it's doable, but getting rather crowded.
May not be as bad if you sub-group everything away...

5.1 works absolutely fabulous though with most instruments, only Falcon refuses to go into surround mode since it only does so on native multichannel surround tracks. So far I was unable to convince the devs to implement a manual mode.
Absynth, Cosmosƒ vSaturn and other such tools that simply output to multi-outs work fine though and can be routed via sends.

If you need a LFE or Center depends more on if you want to distribute the result. 5.1 is something many people have, so I personally create the two channels from my existing quad sound simply for compatibility.
If you only play back on your own system, you can do whatever works. :-)

Part two of my tutorial is almost finished, but life has a way to delay progress ATM.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream|Thomas Helzle 8) Twitter

Civa
KVRist
32 posts since 21 Nov, 2015

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:46 am

ThomasHelzle wrote:XY Effect or XY Instrument does not matter in principle, since I only use the XY pad as modulation source, not it's actual functions. But in this case I used the XY Effect it seems, so you put the extracted file in your user library:
...BitwigStudio\Library\Presets\XY Effect

I found a brilliant panner for 5.1 recently: http://jsplugins.supermaailma.net/vstplugins.php
A bit further down the page. But it's only for Windows and currently crashes on reload, something is wrong with parameter loading. I reported it to Bitwig, but I'm not sure if they can fix it. The mail-form on the website is broken so I can't contact the dev.

I would think that for 8 channels things will become quite uncomfortable.
1.2 introduced group channels and with their local sends that can send to global sends, one of the main obstacles is gone, but still I would not want to deal with 8 channels manually in this manner.
Creating a surround panner for that in the way I did it for 4 speakers would be possible, but quite involved - I think you would be better off using a VST or Reaktor to build it.
So it's doable, but getting rather crowded.
May not be as bad if you sub-group everything away...

5.1 works absolutely fabulous though with most instruments, only Falcon refuses to go into surround mode since it only does so on native multichannel surround tracks. So far I was unable to convince the devs to implement a manual mode.
Absynth, Cosmosƒ vSaturn and other such tools that simply output to multi-outs work fine though and can be routed via sends.

If you need a LFE or Center depends more on if you want to distribute the result. 5.1 is something many people have, so I personally create the two channels from my existing quad sound simply for compatibility.
If you only play back on your own system, you can do whatever works. :-)

Part two of my tutorial is almost finished, but life has a way to delay progress ATM.

Cheers,

Tom
Thank you for your quick reply!!!

A lot of it would be preprogrammed in the tracks, as even I know it would be hell to essentially try to run a mixing board as a mixer.

I would like to discuss my concept with you, however not here, as it's a work in progress (and I like being "first")

If I implemented an LFE, it would be 8.2, as there are two subs in the home studio setup, and the reality is no venue is set up (yet), to do what I am planning, though I am hoping that with the advent of this, this will change.

I will put the preset in XY Effect, and see how that works. I think your tutorial stated to just use two instances of this, in order to accomplish what I need?

Panning would be nice, yes, and I'll have to figure that out, though I will admit, as I said, there's a bit more to this I would rather not discuss here. If I could accomplish stereo panning between stereo pairs, that might do what I need.

User avatar
ThomasHelzle
KVRAF
6013 posts since 9 Dec, 2008 from Berlin

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:54 am

Just PM me then.
My setup (and Bitwig) has evolved since the first tutorial quite a bit.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream|Thomas Helzle 8) Twitter

Taika-Kim
KVRian
1262 posts since 15 May, 2002 from Finland

Post Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:10 pm

I recently made a small tutorial about replacing drums by hand. Bitwig has great tools for this:

http://aavepyora.net/2015/10/23/aavepyo ... placement/

m83nyc
KVRist
84 posts since 1 Apr, 2014

Post Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:13 pm

hi.
Is there a place with all kinds of Bitwig plug in presets for FX, Synths layers etc ? Do we have a page we can download this all from, or do we have to dig here ?

User avatar
powermat
KVRian
964 posts since 21 Sep, 2013

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:53 am

m83nyc wrote:hi.
Is there a place with all kinds of Bitwig plug in presets for FX, Synths layers etc ? Do we have a page we can download this all from, or do we have to dig here ?
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/bitwig- ... /downloads

But a community repository accessible through Bitwig would be pretty frickin' nice.

Return to “Bitwig”