Rename Drum Machine Pads

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible ? Each padd has the name of the loop that was sliced and there is no way to rename it. e.g. kick, snare, etc ?

ctrl-r seems to work fine here! :D

LOL - K thanks !

Downloaded 1.0.2 and Ctrl-R does not seem to be working on renaming the pads anymore - unless i'm missing something ?

EDIT: Now it works after about 10 mins of leaving it idle ? Bug ? Using Demo !

Here everything is ok!
It may be a bug.

Its pretty flaky here, sometimes one click on a pad then ctrl + r works, other times i have to click twice on a pad (but not a double click)

marvotron wrote:Its pretty flaky here, sometimes one click on a pad then ctrl + r works, other times i have to click twice on a pad (but not a double click)
Confirmed. Sometimes I have to click control+r like 5 times before it allows me to rename the pads. It's hit or miss. That feature is buggy to say the least. Also, how come the devs didn't add a rename option when you right click a pad. Seems pretty obvious they overlooked that one.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

iTS THE CAPS LOCK KEY.. WHEN ON NO RENAMING....... oh there he was. also with i-> inspector etc

I can confirm - if CAPS is on - you cannot rename a pad, switch it off and it works fine. Why do I have to have CAPS off ?

Bug ?

I would assume its because when you turn on caps it turns your keyboard into note input, i.e. play notes with your keyboard. So at that point bitwig isnt going to treat it as char input anymore.

Not the case here for me about the Caps Lock being on. Mine is and was always set to off and yet rename works sporadically. Sometimes I can get it to work on the first try on a pad while others take numerous tries before they work.

Bitwig, please address this issue soon.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

Return to “Bitwig”