multibreakpoint modulator!(and more)

Official support for: bitwig.com
crazyfiltertweaker
KVRian
915 posts since 25 Mar, 2012

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:15 am

This would be a dream for every sound designer insuide Bitwig!
AND swing link!

+naming of containers and container layers

+a no-speed-change-mode inside sampler on pitch change

And:

-If you click "solo" on a layer of a container on a track which is "solo" and you make the "solo" of the layer off, the WHOLE mix is audible instead the solo track. --> bitwig dont remember solo state!

-xy shaper for macros to assign as example equil power crossfades or faster at the beginning and slower at the end.

-smoothing control for rectangle and swing control for LFO modulator

-no drag&drop saving of wav samples and clips possible to any bitwig browser destination

-no more offset of bounced audio to new track

-midi commands create shift if the selection don’t start at the loop start, the timer do not follow “double content” command
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEp4vXY ... tMyxu_HpSg

-arranger and sequencer over two or more displays expandable

-cant cut chords, just the highest one is cut if all of them where marked with knife

-pressing on the mouse wheel should open quick access menu for all the tools below the mouse to choose

-Kontakt is crashing often even if dragging it into Bitwig

-cant record MIDI tracks with MIDI FX like an arpeggiator or a diatonic map which is really bad!

-keyboard shortcut to set loop start and end to playhead position inside sequencer and to clip
-bouncing just single clips as wav file outside Bitwig is not possible

-drag&drop audio files from browser to third party instruments is not possible

-in free automation mode please a looped version of the midi or audio clip in the background as orientation.

-copy/cut&paste drum chains of the drum machine dont work, just drag&drop but if the destination is outside the view, it is not possible with drag&drop

-no editing together of Gain Pan or Timbre if I mark the notes like it is possible with velocity

-scrolling sideways is not easy because the border to zoom is too close especially in long ranges

-there is a selection problem with the automatic tool selection with very short note

-in some cases clip start is too late which is a problem especially in live situations

-cant create stepped automation with the selection tool proper

-if I change the velocity, the changing is not shown in the note inspector

-deleting audio clip should jump to next one

-a „create new chaos“ button on the histogram

-retrigger the step mod

-L/R container

-frequency split container with as many bands as I want and wider frequency borders to create exciter as example

-vertical inversion command for midi selection

-automatical saving in predefined intervals

-chain cotnainer creates offset

u-u-u
KVRian
936 posts since 31 Mar, 2014

Re: multibreakpoint modulator!(and more)

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:32 am

crazyfiltertweaker wrote: +naming of containers and container layers
+a no-speed-change-mode inside sampler on pitch change
? You can name container layers (select, then press CTRL+R).
? sampler: just click the little keyboard in the upper left corner of sampler to de-/activate pitched mode.

I also suggested the multibreakpoint modulator some time ago - hopefully it will become reality!
And please make it so that you can drag/copy automation data from the tracks into it! :pray:

timothyallan
KVRist
216 posts since 4 Aug, 2004 from Banff

Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:37 am

I have no idea what is going on here. Is this feature requests, or bugs, or just random bullet points?

crazyfiltertweaker
KVRian

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:20 am

u-u-u wrote: ? You can name container layers (select, then press CTRL+R).
Thanks!
This is crazy that it is possible...
but why not in the context menu?
? sampler: just click the little keyboard in the upper left corner of sampler to de-/activate pitched mode.
You misunderstood me. I mean not the pitch, I mean the speed of a sample, like the stretch mode of Bitwigs Audio Clips.
I also suggested the multibreakpoint modulator some time ago - hopefully it will become reality!
And please make it so that you can drag/copy automation data from the tracks into it! :pray:
Yes drag&drop Automation data to it would be nice!

AND I also miss:

a)a XY Macro Knob Shaper, with a curved Multibreakpoint Graph

b) the modulation setup should be the other site around: the modulators like a LFO should be put inside the device, which you want to modulate. With this way you can use more than one modulator for one device or more than one device inside a container without too much nesting.

c)GroupTrack, whose clips trigger all the clips and devices which are in the row of the clip, it is a macro clip
-Drag&Drop Samples from Browser in Third Party Plugins like Kontakt

Bug:

Make single for one layer of a container on a track switched to "single" and you click again on single layer, is to hear the entire mix instead of the track switched on singel.  bitwig doesnt remember single state.

timothyallan wrote:I have no idea what is going on here. Is this feature requests, or bugs, or just random bullet points?
These are feature requests and improvement ideas and also some bugs.

Yes, I know, it is much, but to open for every single point a thread would be too much.

u-u-u
KVRian
936 posts since 31 Mar, 2014

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:15 am

crazyfiltertweaker wrote:These are feature requests and improvement ideas and also some bugs.
Yes, I know, it is much, but to open for every single point a thread would be too much.
Yeah, I think you should change the name of the thread into something like 'multiple feature requests'.

Otherwise it looks like using a (as I think) really interesting sounding topic name to gain attention for just some ordinary feature requests. ;)

crazyfiltertweaker
KVRian

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:23 am

u-u-u wrote:
crazyfiltertweaker wrote:
Otherwise it looks like using a (as I think) really interesting sounding topic name to gain attention for just some ordinary feature requests. ;)
You arer looking in my brain or so..

Exactly this is my intention. Im a little bit confused.

Return to “Bitwig”