Did you know (Tips and Tricks) NO CHAT!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since crossfades are not really implemented , you can hand edit the beginning and ends of an audio loop to smooth out the transitions in duplicate loops.

Ah just discovered shift+tab = edit panel layout!

ALT + Draw / pen tool draws stepped automation.

Have to add this one by mrfrenkie

right click on drum machine vst control parameter to copy to all pads.

Bitwig is the only DAW which can work better on one monitor than with multiple ones (thx for the macro inspector from 1.2, and the different bottom mixer panel configuration possibility on the editor/arranger views), very good GUI
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:Bitwig is the only DAW which can work better on one monitor than with multiple ones (thx for the macro inspector from 1.2, and the different bottom mixer panel configuration possibility on the editor/arranger views), very good GUI
Exactly why I love being able to have different VST windows on different monitors. I guess an option to put them in a tabbed window display would be OK, but I'll just use MiniHost Modular (free) to get this functionality.

been asked to create a video about alternate copy (check your shortkey settings with alternate keyword) which able to create repetitive clip sequences(working with meta clips too)

here it is :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ13cfzlbBM

quite fast way to work especially if it is used with multi clip editing ...
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:can enter a group/project using shift+double click on a track header
This is really handy, but I still wonder why you can't just double click it and ignore the shift modifier altogether. :shrug:

shadiradio wrote: This is really handy, but I still wonder why you can't just double click it and ignore the shift modifier altogether. :shrug:
because doubleclick opens up device panel. if you have editor open it opens up device if you doubleclick
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

xbitz wrote:been asked to create a video about alternate copy (check your shortkey settings with alternate keyword) which able to create repetitive clip sequences(working with meta clips too)

here it is :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ13cfzlbBM

quite fast way to work especially if it is used with multi clip editing ...
Update.. i got it know why it copies. You cant draw new notes. Only copy old because they are overlaying eachother. i hope link clips come soon
Last edited by takaii on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

takaii wrote:
shadiradio wrote: This is really handy, but I still wonder why you can't just double click it and ignore the shift modifier altogether. :shrug:
because doubleclick opens up device panel. if you have editor open it opens up device if you doubleclick
Interesting - I think after doing that once I probably never did it again since just pressing "D" is so fast when the track is active. When group tracks came out I assumed double-clicking would logically jump inside the group and had a brief "aww man" moment when it didn't.

When automation events are selected, you can adjust their value in the inspector tab. This might be an obvious one, but it wasn't for me until today :)

by lehtiniemi; Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:12 am

Re: annotations in bitwig?
Well, this is a workaround at the moment, but actually really good one. At least for master annotations.

Here it is: just create an instrument track called Annotations. Whenever you want to add an annotation, double click in the empty track and a some bars long midi clip is created. You can then rename this clip in the inspector and the text appears in the clip header. You can even color them as you please (important, less important, etc).

Basically you can add these tracks whereever you want. You can also deactivate them so you can hide them all by hitting the "Hide deactivated"-checkbox.

Naturally this doesn't work so well for lyrics and longer texts.
Really nice one :tu:
Mac OSX 10.11.2
Safire Pro 14

https://soundcloud.com/kung_vu

Some nice tricks by takaii and xbitz:

Comping work around
In order to record multiple versions of a performance in one take create an empty clip, set the desired length and activate the follow action "play next". Duplicate that clip several times. Now activate clip overdub and enjoy recording your performances in one take.
You can drag these clips to their own audio tracks and group them. After editing the best parts of all the performances you can bounce the group master in order to create one seamless audio clip.

Editing tips
You can split the clips of several tracks at once and at the same place, using the time selection tool. Select the tool #2 and instead of dragging horizontally just drag vertically at the place you want to cut the clips. Now a "line marker" appears and if you hit the delete button all clips get cut at the same position.

The same thing also applies when editing multiple midi notes.

From the logical aspect you basically you select a time with the duration of 0, hence instead of cutting out a block of time you just split the clips or midi notes.

Thank you for these tips! I've taken the liberty of posting these tips although they are not mine, because I think it is a pity that these tricks are flying around in different threads instead of here.
Mac OSX 10.11.2
Safire Pro 14

https://soundcloud.com/kung_vu

Panel mapping parameters:
Most VSTs have values that don't seem to be mappable, because they don't show up in the "hot spot" when changed.
They still might be available in list on the panel mappings page.

I found several there e.g: FM8 (FX on/off), Zebra (Wavewarp positions), Synthmaster, Chromaphone, ... :phones:
Last edited by svervs on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bitwig”