Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

codec17 wrote:I know it worked .. But i dont use it that often...(so dont know in wich version this occurred)
As you can see , i want to select an audio track as a background track in a midi track, but i can only see two of them.? :help:

Works fine here, although i have not got a group track selected :

BWS 1.2b10 / Windows 10

Notice that gap on the right of the "Inst 7" bar? I've got that too on Mac. I was too lazy to get around to reporting it.

A) Multiple times now I had the case that for clips that are saved with tempo information (also Bitwig Scene 'clips') , sometimes (with) audio clips in stretch mode, the tempo was messed up in the sidebar browser preview. (with preview tempo sync enabled)

B) Also quite often I have the case that I saved a clip with tempo information and preview it without preview tempo sync enabled. Then I'd expect it to be previewed in its original tempo but it isn't.
(like main project tempo is 100bpm, I drag a clip from it to the browser, save dialog says: 100bpm, I find the new clip in the sidebar browser and click the browser preview play button -> tempo definitely isn't 100bpm, although tempo sync is disabled)

Using Beta 10.

Unfortunately I haven't got time during the next days but maybe someone can look over it and figure out how to reproduce these issues in more detail?

Noticed the Browser focus API is fixed in Beta10, nice! Thanks Volker.

It toggles regardless of if the browser is focused.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

Fjorko wrote:
codec17 wrote:I know it worked .. But i dont use it that often...(so dont know in wich version this occurred)
As you can see , i want to select an audio track as a background track in a midi track, but i can only see two of them.? :help:

Works fine here, although i have not got a group track selected :

BWS 1.2b10 / Windows 10

Thnx for checking... You are right! It got something to do with groups. If tracks are in a group, they are not selectable as background.
Devs?? Is this a bug or just not ready yet or overlooked maybe?

Edit: :dog: w7 x64

volker@bitwig wrote: Aggregate devices can currently only be chosen in the output chooser. The reason why the input chooser become greyed out is that the inputs are also taken from the aggregate in that case.
Ok, that makes sense, however when I try this I don't get all the input channels showing up.
I have an aggregate device consisting of a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and the MBP's built in I/O which should give me 4ins and 6 outs.

I get all 6 outputs showing and working however I only get 2 inputs available.
Screenshot 2015-09-24 22.10.31.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beta 10 still crashes my computer if I let the computer fall asleep with Bitwig open. I can move the mouse around and the cursor follows, but it will not wake up. I have to force a restart.

OSX 10.9.5

DEVs, tell me please, is it technically so hard to solve this problem with a first Cue Marker?? :/

I mean it's a real interface bug. I reported about this one at least twice! And yes, for me it's hard to select this first bar cue marker.

The 'loop' feature in bitwig doesn't work as intended in Group mode.

Eg) I made a drum group, and toggled so I only see it and I wanted to loop 2 bars of drums so I stretched out the loop region over two bars, but it only looped 1 bar (As the project loop is separate for some reason and the project loop wasn't changed from 1 bar to 2 bars).

Please fix!!

Geek Model wrote:DEVs, tell me please, is it technically so hard to solve this problem with a first Cue Marker?? :/

I mean it's a real interface bug. I reported about this one at least twice! And yes, for me it's hard to select this first bar cue marker.

Why don't you start from second bar? And you have one bar for intro sound or something else. :)

donstar wrote: Why don't you start from second bar? And you have one bar for intro sound or something else. :)
I paid money for it and if i want start arrange from 1 bar - i do it. And if i saw bug i want it to be solved.

Am i clear enough? I think yes.

Nvm.. Rude of me :)
Last edited by PresetNoob on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
has anyone see Maitake ?

No, i sold it and bought Ableton Live but Native Instruments released Reaktor 6. So i bought Reaktor for money that i earn from Live sale + Bitwig 'cause i need DAW. And if i had a chance to buy Live now - i'll do it again. Also if Cockos Reaper's devs will create option to turn on/off LFO re-trigger function in Parameter Modulation i'll sell Bitwig with no regrets because since release date ALL Bitwig customers in paid beta test.

Geek Model wrote:No, i sold it and bought Ableton Live but Native Instruments released Reaktor 6. So i bought Reaktor for money that i earn from Live sale + Bitwig 'cause i need DAW. And if i had a chance to buy Live now - i'll do it again. Also if Cockos Reaper's devs will create option to turn on/off LFO re-trigger function in Parameter Modulation i'll sell Bitwig with no regrets because since release date ALL Bitwig customers in paid beta test.
Maybe you should download the sws extension and create your lfo's with lfo generator? Or buy your dream daw that does all you want. Something maybe that you haven't tested yet?

Gentlemen, please keep it on topic.

@Geek Model: I don't get the problem you have with the cue marker. It looks just as intended and in order to select it you can click on the whole name of it - not only the little box. Or what exactly is your issue?

Cheers,
Dom

Return to “Bitwig”