Bitwig Studio 1.2 BETA 10

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xbitz wrote:+ the duplicated sampler should copy its popup "state" too :)
Indeed. Just talked about exactly that yesterday...

Cheers,
Dom

ThomasHelzle wrote:Wow, I can hardly keep up LOL

:tu:

Thanks Volker!

Cheers,

Tom
I can't keep up! :shock:
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

dom@bitwig wrote:Gentleman, please keep it on topic.

@Geek Model: I don't get the problem you have with the cue marker. It looks just as intended and in order to select it you can click on the whole name of it - not only the little box. Or what exactly is your issue?

Cheers,
Dom
For me it's hard to take a complete picture of UI with little issues like this.. Of course now all can think that i'm crazy or whatever but good product need to be a full-fledged in interface parts too (not only in technical part). Sometimes good results depends not only from technical aspects ;) I mean that Cue Marker should be visible like others and not just half of it:

I agree mate!

Geek Model wrote:
dom@bitwig wrote:Gentleman, please keep it on topic.

@Geek Model: I don't get the problem you have with the cue marker. It looks just as intended and in order to select it you can click on the whole name of it - not only the little box. Or what exactly is your issue?

Cheers,
Dom
For me it's hard to take a complete picture of UI with little issues like this.. Of course now all can think that i'm crazy or whatever but good product need to be a full-fledged in interface parts too (not only in technical part). Sometimes good results depends not only from technical aspects ;) I mean that Cue Marker should be visible like others and not just half of it:

Agree, no right and should be fixed ( which i'm sure they will get to at some stage )

Ah, ok, than that's just a matter of taste then but not an actual technical or workflow issue.
Not to play it down completely, we're also big fans of GUI aesthetics, but others perceive the big gap as ugly that would result when showing the left side of the cue marker completely.

Something we might play around with a bit eventually, but currently there's only your report for that and unfortunately there are still some more serious issues to be taken care of.

Cheers,
Dom

dom@bitwig wrote:Ah, ok, than that's just a matter of taste then but not an actual technical or workflow issue.
Not to play it down completely, we're also big fans of GUI aesthetics, but others perceive the big gap as ugly that would result when showing the left side of the cue marker completely.

Something we might play around with a bit eventually, but currently there's only your report for that and unfortunately there are still some more serious issues to be taken care of.

Cheers,
Dom
So in this case maybe turn flag of cue marker to the right side of it? I think it will be best solution here.

Geek Model wrote:So in this case maybe turn flag of cue marker to the right side of it? I think it will be best solution here.
Why don't you simply define a shortcut? These are one of my favs shortcuts anyway ...

dom@bitwig wrote:
xbitz wrote:+ the duplicated sampler should copy its popup "state" too :)
Indeed. Just talked about exactly that yesterday...

Cheers,
Dom
Wait.......... WHAT?! You guys working on that!????
:pray: :pray: oooooh can,t wait!
Sample flippin surfing... and get to my hidden sample folders where i didnt come for months!
Dust of some old noises.

Oh EDIT... with every clean sampler .. not only duplicated. :D :o

shonoob wrote:The 'loop' feature in bitwig doesn't work as intended in Group mode.

Eg) I made a drum group, and toggled so I only see it and I wanted to loop 2 bars of drums so I stretched out the loop region over two bars, but it only looped 1 bar (As the project loop is separate for some reason and the project loop wasn't changed from 1 bar to 2 bars).

Please fix!!
Confirmed looping only works with the main projects loop that was set. Anything set when entering a group doesn't work unless it matches the loop set for the main project and entering a group defaults the loop to the first bar of the group.

wn 7 64 bit

Just a heads up: That's a known one, no need to send it in...

I had strobe playing a midi loop and dropped in UAD EMT 140 as an insert effect. When bypassing the UAD EMT 140 using the bigwig bypass button the sound is still effected, but not by reverb ... rather some weird artifacts that change the sound dramatically, almost a sticking sound.

Anyone else with UAD confirm this?

You can work around the issue by using the UAD bypass, or by putting the reverb in an effect layer and then bypassing the effect layer works properly.

Mac Yosemite, Bitwig 1.2 beta 10.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Sticking sound when deactivating a device is a very old one indeed. Happens all the time.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Toogle activate or bypass button? Those are two different functions.

Cheers,
Dom

dom@bitwig wrote:Toogle activate or bypass button? Those are two different functions.

Cheers,
Dom
Both. Sounds like the last buffer content is looped forever, so usually it's some rather piercing tone.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “Bitwig”