Bitwig Studio 1.3.1 RC-3

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dplduffy wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:I just had a bug with tooltips appearing at the very top of the screen rather than next to what I was hovering over. This was in fullscreen so I toggled fullscreen off and on again and it went away. Not sure if I can reproduce. OSX.
I've had this happening too but I can't seem to reproduce it reliably so I haven't sent it in. You on El Capitan? I never had this happening on 10.10 but when I upgraded to 10.11 (even though I know it's not supported) this happened.
Happened here as well, 10.10.5. Not using Fullscreen ...
Last edited by svervs on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

volker@bitwig wrote:FIXED - Bounce-in-place result in empty clip if play-head is after the clip and enough plug-in latency was used.

awesome, thx for fixing that!

I just went up from 3.1.0 to this update, and now I am forced to have only a choice of single screen modes. I use two monitors side by side that the computer sees as one screen, and now I can now longer have two windows to work with.

This is a real shame I think that you can't choose more flexible options, regardless of the number of screens.

As well for me personally, this behavior is really disappointing and really breaks the functionality in a fundamental way. Having no access to any of the dual screen configurations is not a happy prospect at all from a productivity and workflow perspective.

greg
Last edited by gwok on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

gwok wrote:I just went up from 3.1.0 to this update, and now I am forced to have only a choice of single screen modes. I use two monitors side by side that the computer sees as one screen, and now I can now longer have two windows to work with.

This is a real shame I think that you can't choose more flexible options, regardless of the number of screens. As well for me personally, this behavior is really disappointing and really breaks the functionality in a fundamental way.

greg
Ok we will change that back! We were trying to reduce complexity and not show layouts that make little sense. But we'll just show them all again.

phew!

thanks!!

dodge-and-fuski-rob wrote:Any chance of getting 1.3 RC1 back online for download? It's not in the release archive and it's the last one that actually ran properly for me.... lost access to a bunch of important stuff I had in the works and assumed it would be safe to update as 1.3.0 was a 'full' release

Late 2013 retina macbook pro 2.6ghz, 16gb ram, OSX 10.9.5
It is very unlikely to be a change between the RC and release of 1.3.0 as this is essentially just a version name change. If you are seeing the performance problems in 1.3.0 I expect it is more likely that something changed on your system. Have you upgraded anything recently? Perhaps try restarting your computer. If none of that helps we can provide the RC again but I expect you will see same problems - but at least we can then ascentain if it is something we changed or something that changed on your computer.

nickallen wrote:
gwok wrote:I just went up from 3.1.0 to this update, and now I am forced to have only a choice of single screen modes. I use two monitors side by side that the computer sees as one screen, and now I can now longer have two windows to work with.

This is a real shame I think that you can't choose more flexible options, regardless of the number of screens. As well for me personally, this behavior is really disappointing and really breaks the functionality in a fundamental way.

greg
Ok we will change that back! We were trying to reduce complexity and not show layouts that make little sense. But we'll just show them all again.
Oh good to read. Phew, thanx!
This could be your ad!

xbitz wrote:from the rc2 topic, still in rc3

clip length displaying calculation is buggy using non 100% scaling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR_9OoElHMw

win10x64

automation playline or whatever it's called still not moving if at least one automation point was added

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy4OGxHbw3Q
Having the exact same issues on Windows 8.1 x64

Couple gui things:

1. Is that extra edge inside the panel borders necessary? Looks kinda yucky.

2. The project tab's top is flush with the top of the screen, no gap.

Ogopogo wrote:Couple gui things:

1. Is that extra edge inside the panel borders necessary? Looks kinda yucky.

2. The project tab's top is flush with the top of the screen, no gap.
Don't see that flush edge on my side - I'm on Windows though..

Yeah I'm on mac.

nickallen wrote:
dodge-and-fuski-rob wrote:Any chance of getting 1.3 RC1 back online for download? It's not in the release archive and it's the last one that actually ran properly for me.... lost access to a bunch of important stuff I had in the works and assumed it would be safe to update as 1.3.0 was a 'full' release

Late 2013 retina macbook pro 2.6ghz, 16gb ram, OSX 10.9.5
It is very unlikely to be a change between the RC and release of 1.3.0 as this is essentially just a version name change. If you are seeing the performance problems in 1.3.0 I expect it is more likely that something changed on your system. Have you upgraded anything recently? Perhaps try restarting your computer. If none of that helps we can provide the RC again but I expect you will see same problems - but at least we can then ascentain if it is something we changed or something that changed on your computer.

Really weird - went back to 1.3.0 and was having the same performance issues as 1.3.1 RC2 even though I didn't have them with 1.3.0 RC. We're talking the same day here, the only thing I changed on my computer was the version of Bitwig installed

Rebooting didn't solve anything, however by chance I just left 1.3.0 open in the background while I was using the internet for a bit and noticed that after about 15 minutes the CPU @ 200% stuff just went away. Now works absolutely fine as before... does Bitwig re-index a bunch of stuff when you change the version? Can't think of anything else that would be causing such massive CPU drain even after reboots but when left to 'settle', sorted itself out on its own accord and now runs absolutely fine again. Bizarre

dodge-and-fuski-rob wrote:Not sure if this is new with rc-3 as this is the first time ive used 1.3.1, but on my retina macbook 15" whenever you have automation visible, the channel header GUI no longer lines up with the track contents properly.. (see attachments)

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 12.54.54.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 12.54.45.png
Thanks for reporting this - was a silly regression and is fixed now.

xbitz wrote:from the rc2 topic, still in rc3

clip length displaying calculation is buggy using non 100% scaling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR_9OoElHMw

win10x64

automation playline or whatever it's called still not moving if at least one automation point was added

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy4OGxHbw3Q
Thanks we fixed both of these now.

There is a bug with effect tracks since 1.2
I can't solo effect track when signal from group track is routed into it (when i press solo button i get only silence)

Return to “Bitwig”