Will bitwig show us an update at namm and not release it for 6 months?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Just wondering if you think bitwig has learned from showing us 1.2 at Namm last year then taking 6+ months to release it.. lol..

1.4 or even 1.5 coming???

speculate below.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Personally, I don't mind if they show it and release it 6 months later. In fact, I encourage them to do things however they want to do, and to enjoy themselves and have fun.

pdxindy wrote:Personally, I don't mind if they show it and release it 6 months later. In fact, I encourage them to do things however they want to do, and to enjoy themselves and have fun.
No i dont mind either now...
But with the 1.2 ,i needed the groups so badly, i had the longest 6 months ever! But now ive got it all ...(with special to moss and teotigraphix :tu: )
For me everything i would/could see is just a present. :D

Edit: maybe 2.0? and wait for a year thats what im hoping!

same here, groups were all i really missed from cubase. Everything else can be acomplished with 3rd party plugins or other workarounds.

Suloo wrote:same here, groups were all i really missed from cubase. Everything else can be acomplished with 3rd party plugins or other workarounds.
except time signature modulation :D

In that 6 months they packed the update full of lots of creamy goodness and it was extremely bug free and had beautifully implemented features. If that happens again I have NOTHING to complain about ;)
Formally known as CnuTram.

It would frustrate me a little having to wait for features that I really want/need. But better late than never!

I don't see version 2.0 coming out this year at all, but I really hope the Bitwig team proves me wrong :D

Suloo wrote:same here, groups were all i really missed from cubase. Everything else can be acomplished with 3rd party plugins or other workarounds.
Bitwig is not quite there for me yet, and I still need to have to Logic around. It would amazing if we got these features this year:

1. Per Note Expression for third party VSTs
2. Movie import
3. Flexible MIDI Channel routing/switching

EDIT: Changed 'Note Expression' to 'Per Note Expression'
Last edited by anp27 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

+10 for Movie Import (Native!),
+100 for time signature modulation,
+1000 for fully visual comping feature,
..and I do think that 2.0 is coming this year, and that the same time cycle will be the same (NAMM then 6 months for 2.0 beta/RC's, then October/November for release).

anp27 wrote:
1. Note Expression for third party VSTs
Already working for VST's that support it...

anp27 wrote:It would frustrate me a little having to wait for features that I really want/need. But better late than never!
Define late...

If Bitwig shows stuff at NAMM that does not come out for 6 months or does not show it and it still comes out in 6 months makes no difference.

pdxindy wrote:Already working for VST's that support it...
Like which ones?

I think what I actually wanted to say was 'Per Note Expression for third party VSTs'.

pdxindy wrote:If Bitwig shows stuff at NAMM that does not come out for 6 months or does not show it and it still comes out in 6 months makes no difference.
What I meant was if Bitwig announced some really nice features during NAMM and I'd have to wait another 6 months to see them.

anp27 wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Already working for VST's that support it...
Like which ones?

I think what I actually wanted to say was 'Per Note Expression for third party VSTs'.
u-he stuff if i'm not mistaken for example.
WXLF wrote:
except time signature modulation :D
i just do 4/4 stuff, so not missing here :hihi:

Suloo wrote:i just do 4/4 stuff, so not missing here :hihi:
I do not miss it either, if I absolutely need it I'll just set the time signature to 1/4 or 1/8, etc. and place the accents/start the phrase where ever appropriate in the composition itself to make it sound like it's in a particular time signature, really not a big deal.

Return to “Bitwig”