Bitwig NAMM Anaheim 2016

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Germans get beer from their taps, they don't have or need water to survive.
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about fidelity. I just make music.

This is how it seems to be at the Bitwig booth:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA0Mt0gi-4g/
So really nothing especially new for this NAMM ;)

My money is on Claes and Dom drinking everyone under the table ;-) Cheers if you try though!
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

honestly i am fine if they don´t show anything new,
and keep showing everybody else who does not use Bitwig, that their software is getting better and more stable and fine tuning things.

If i want to make music, right now there was nothing except my lazyness which kept me away from doing so... :D

This is why touch isnt smooth XD
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

I was right there :D I was to the right
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

takaii wrote:
It's smooth, it's just the batch of devices they got. They were having problems with them for a while.
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

TristanMendoza wrote:
takaii wrote:
It's smooth, it's just the batch of devices they got. They were having problems with them for a while.
Okey :) Good to know 8)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

takaii wrote:
Whatching this video I also thought: "Hm, doesn't look so intuitive."

But I think it mainly was at the times where he was fiddling around with the plugin window. The plugin window always covered the touch gui. The major time of the video he was busy opening/closing it or moving it to the side to reach the BwS gui.

Definetly they should implement a solution for this problem (maybe some button to make the plugin window transparent and inactive temporarily (to let the user reach the BwS gui) or something like this). Hope the devs read this (just confirm, please). Otherwise it would be worth some feature requests ;)

Most touch screen devices don't have the new apple material that makes touch more intuitive. It's still a few years out till touch screens can function as well as keyboard and mouse.

MPE and the future of multidimensional instruments at NAMM 2016

The future of multidimensional musical instruments in a panel featuring artists BT and Jordan Rudess, Tom White (President of the MMA), Roger Linn (inventor of the Drum Machine and the Linnstrument), and Placidus Schelbert (CEO of Bitwig). Roland Lamb, CEO of ROLI and inventor of the Seaboard was the moderator.

The players involved on Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression (MPE) that includes Apple, Bitwig, Roger Linn Designs, ROLI and other companies. Setting out to improve communication between multidimensional instruments and software, the MPE working group has made great progress over the past year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVQVUrwy7H0
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

u-u-u wrote:
takaii wrote:

But I think it mainly was at the times where he was fiddling around with the plugin window. The plugin window always covered the touch gui. The major time of the video he was busy opening/closing it or moving it to the side to reach the BwS gui.

Definitely they should implement a solution for this problem (maybe some button to make the plugin window transparent and inactive temporarily (to let the user reach the BwS gui) or something like this). Hope the devs read this (just confirm, please). Otherwise it would be worth some feature requests ;)
A real solution is there but not quite.. all is needed is for devs to implement this:
Right now, when I choose "desktop" setup in displays preferences, I can press "d" to show hide the devices panel.
From there showing/hiding the VST window as you suggested is just a click away.
Unfortunately, that is not the case with the Tablet display preference; unless you are in the "Mixer" tab. I tested the other tabs and the "d" button does enable/disable the devices panel.
I know that is for a reason but again product management is trying to enforce on us the way we should work!

c-wave wrote:
u-u-u wrote:
takaii wrote:

Definitely they should implement a solution for this problem (maybe some button to make the plugin window transparent and inactive temporarily (to let the user reach the BwS gui) or something like this). Hope the devs read this (just confirm, please). Otherwise it would be worth some feature requests ;)
A real solution is there but not quite.. all is needed is for devs to implement this:
Right now, when I choose "desktop" setup in displays preferences, I can press "d" to show hide the devices panel.
From there showing/hiding the VST window as you suggested is just a click away.
Unfortunately, that is not the case with the Tablet display preference; unless you are in the "Mixer" tab. I tested the other tabs and the "d" button does enable/disable the devices panel.
I know that is for a reason but again product management is trying to enforce on us the way we should work!
I think, I mean something different. For touch, you might have no keyboard attached to your e.g. Surface. So a shortcut won't do it.
Also the Bitwig interface is very well integrated. Nothing's hidden behind something else. Only plugin windows have this unfortunate habit to hide everything else. So I thought there should be some touch button/gesture for that. I don't want it be closed but I want to see and reach through it e.g. for quickly assigning a macro knobs to the last touched vst parameters. This touch button/gesture should of course be something that cannot be hidden behind the plugin window and it should be easy and fast to bring the plugin window back.

"Plugin window follow current track" definitely needs more love, BWS should/restore the plugin windows per tracks with a hotkey same way as BC PatchWork does it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0I6bkOwwfI
so this is how it should work ... without a middleware

currently I have to use PatchWork to able top open then VST chains in their original positions(secondary display) instead of the middle of primary display(dunno why BWS can't save it...)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Bitwig”