Sampler update + modular system -> appropriate integrated modular GUI

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dLP1Ckm7ek
Nice one. Don't know whether something like this will be possible to do with the modular environment and touch screens in Bitwig some day. Can't imagine that yet. I mean it would demand a higher level of integration between some areas of the program.

I mean we already found ways to do granular stuff. But being able to create cool and appropriate playing surfaces should be a part of the modular environment.

I like this deep integration. I hope Bitwig finds ways to make creating those workflows possible.
Remote controls are nice but like those multi-touch areas with the sample in the background are even more ;)
Also stuff like building an intuitive looper is pretty hard to do. (Would require to have access to the clip launcher by such a GUI element as well)

Controller API (or Bitwig extensions) are going a bit in this direction. But it's pretty hard to reach a certain level of integration with it. E.g. being able to display and work inside a sampler waveform on an OLED screen would be nice.

Just some thoughts/ideas...

Yes! I can support this idea and the reference to the samplr app 100%. I had the chance to work with the app before I sold my ipad. The interface is super intuitive and you get insanly cool sounds out of it in no time. Such a thing inside bitwig and the possibility to access it via the api script would be really a milestone!

Btw. Dou you think something like this could be build by using x/y devices as control-interfaces for the sampler device?

Return to “Bitwig”