Chord auditioning

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

polarity-dnb wrote:sometimes i using "arrow up + arrow down" pressing together at the same time, which results in no nudge, only playing the selected notes
lol OP, there you go.
delete feature request and add to manual :)

nice one! :tu:

polarity-dnb wrote:sometimes i using "arrow up + arrow down" pressing together at the same time, which results in no nudge, only playing the selected notes
There we go, that works, not quite as quick as FL though.

:tu:

Good one, polarity
Not good enough for me though, even fl's seems clumsy. Like in live (and logic), drag a selection box, as soon as notes change color they are auditioned.

Can bitwig just copy FL studio piano roll? They by far have the best.

polarity-dnb wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:01 am sometimes i using "arrow up + arrow down" pressing together at the same time, which results in no nudge, only playing the selected notes
Hay that's the best work arouind that I've seen so far! Thanks!

I'd rather see it the way the Ableton does by draging a selection box around them.
Bitwig also has a bar in the timeline of the midiclip alowing you to move chords around together. In my opion this should also trigger the chord. That would be most ideal.

macgregor_oi wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:18 pm I'd rather see it the way the Ableton does by draging a selection box around them.
Bitwig also has a bar in the timeline of the midiclip alowing you to move chords around together. In my opion this should also trigger the chord. That would be most ideal.
Have you ever tried FL's alt + right click/drag? It's the best thing in FL and if it's not patented, it should be introduced in every DAW, because it allows you to analyze any complex note sequences in slow motion, and even backwards <3

How long can it take for devs to implement this if we let them know? Let's just email them about this.

Yeah, nice request. I hope that there will be some work done on midi before Bitwig 3 will go out. Midi is the only area where I am not 100% happy. I hope that developers see the different needs and they wont end up like Reason that has very basic midi for a years..

Play from mouse cursor position would be nice.
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

+1 :)

Part of the appeal of doing it with click drag style is that you can strum the notes on a chord like you would on a guitar. This helps to adjust individual notes against the chord to get the exact voicing you want. It's my primary way of making chord progressions in Ableton for the last 10+ years. I don't think it would take much to add the feature to Bitwig, submitted a feature request myself as it would greatly enhance my workflow.

Not sure if I'm missing something here, but can't you just play the chord on a keyboard using the same notes as the piano roll? Isn't that the same thing?

I'm using Sundog Song Studio, Auto Theory5 VST, Scaler VST,for trigger chords.
These are very cheap and useful.
Last edited by strovoknights on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

Forgotten wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:15 am Not sure if I'm missing something here, but can't you just play the chord on a keyboard using the same notes as the piano roll? Isn't that the same thing?
yes but
1: it takes a lot of time to do that
2: how would would you play chords like C1 C3 E3 G3 B4 C5 G5 E6 B7 C8 E8 with 2 hands lol

newtobitwig wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:38 am yes but
1: it takes a lot of time to do that
2: how would would you play chords like C1 C3 E3 G3 B4 C5 G5 E6 B7 C8 E8 with 2 hands lol
1: Why??
2: Honestly it´s not a good idea to use chords out of 11!!! notes... this muddy up your mixes (doesn´t let space for other instruments to breeze) and even if you are in need of such things it´s better to spread this onto different instruments/presets/sounds than squeezing all into one ...

Return to “Bitwig”