[SOLVED] External send/insert ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to use an external FX like the Lexicon MX200 hardware unit for an audio track and have the result (the processed audio) recorded on another track ?

Thanks.
Last edited by mevla on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, create another audio track and select the output of the track with the HW FX, as the input for the new audio track. If there are no other effects after the HW FX device, just set the input of the new audio track to use the inputs on your interface, to which the Lexicon is connected.

Or you can use the new 'HW FX' device, where you can select the interface output and input that your Lexicon is connected to and it will work just like a regular plugin.

The HW FX is great - thanks.

Any idea how one would go about controlling a HW FX device via midi? For instance the oto machines has midi in and out and can be controlled via midi CCs but I can only find the MIDI CC device if I have an instrument not a HW FX device.

sonalsystem wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:37 pm Any idea how one would go about controlling a HW FX device via midi? For instance the oto machines has midi in and out and can be controlled via midi CCs but I can only find the MIDI CC device if I have an instrument not a HW FX device.
I might be missing the point, but can you not simply add a MIDI CC device after the HW FX Device?

You would need to put a MIDI CC device and a HW Instrument device (with only the MIDI Out port selected) into a Layer device, so that you can still pass audio to the HW FX device in another chain. This is the way I control my Eleven Rack and TC Fireworx. There may be a way to do this with fewer devices or even without a Layer device but I stopped experimenting once I found a setup that worked.

I should make a feature request to add a MIDI Out and Clock Out to the HW FX device.

Return to “Bitwig”