[POLL] What next?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic

What do you miss the most?

Advanced tools in the piano roll (scrub, velocity ramp, chop, strum, stretch, etc.)
22%
Musical scales highlighting (per clip configurable)
12%
Chord/harmony track
7%
ARA(2) integration
5%
Automation clips including automation generators and modifiers
9%
Linked/ghost/alias clips
6%
Track comping
9%
Access to the modular development tool
8%
Video track
5%
Groove quantize with custom templates
11%
Other? (describe)
6%

Total votes: 844

RELATED
PRODUCTS

mosska wrote:I use time shift every time and every time I have to add it manually.
Out of curiosity - why? It doesn't seem right that you need to use it on every track, especially since Bitwig is doing really well with PDC.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote:
mosska wrote:I use time shift every time and every time I have to add it manually.
Out of curiosity - why? It doesn't seem right that you need to use it on every track, especially since Bitwig is doing really well with PDC.
Just to create the groove. When layering kicks , snares and claps or midi notes.

mosska wrote:Ability to save channels (or create) by default. I use time shift every time and every time I have to add it manually.
You can read my mind! :o
I was just thinking this the other night! Would indeed be awseome!
(now i have container Chains presets wich allow me to that in kinda way... )

mosska wrote:
antic604 wrote:
Just to create the groove. When layering kicks , snares and claps or midi notes.
Ok, but using Time Shift moves - in your case - the whole track ahead or behind the others by specified offset, whereas groove is dynamic, i.e. 1st snare is slightly late (compared to the grid), 2nd snare is a bit too soon, so I can't see how this helps?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Full MPE support. More important than anything else...

A small improvement for the note draw tool, adapting note length via click of existing notes for the drawing note like in fl studio:
note_adapting.gif
Another one, missing tool: audio scrubbing/seeking:
audio_scrubbing.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aMUSEd wrote:Everyone gets distracted by the new shiny but it's this lack of basic functionality that keeps me from working entirely in Bitwig.
Thursday I tried to set up a very simple CC control for FM4 and it was one of the most frustrating chores ever. I eventually abandoned it and was able to accomplish my plan in FM8 with zero problems.

I also can’t get Strobe 2 working. From where I stand, I’d like Bitwig to polish the product as it is before they start adding features. It’s a bit rough.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Tj Shredder wrote:Full MPE support. More important than anything else...
:tu:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Everyone gets distracted by the new shiny but it's this lack of basic functionality that keeps me from working entirely in Bitwig.
Thursday I tried to set up a very simple CC control for FM4 and it was one of the most frustrating chores ever.
Add a midi modulator, set midi channel to all (for MPE), set the correct CC#, click learn, and turn the midi controller knob...

q. Is there a way to toggle visibilty on the layers of all the selected tracks ? Even if you highlight 5 of them, it only toggles the visibility of the track you right click. Hmmm....should not say tracks but track ;p

2. We need additive time loop bar..meaning if i shift click the loop bar, it adds on to that point from where the bar already is. At the moment both alt and shift just reset the bar. Simple and effective workflow improvement technique.

3. I'd also like to just be able to click a clip, and then shift click the arranger somewhere and it pastes the midi clip.

4. Also, highlighting a bunch of clips in arrange and then just nudging them with a shift left or right arrow should already be a feature. Relying on the mouse only simply isnt good for the workflow, because I use a trackpad and it sucks truthfully.

5. Would be really nice to be able to place onsets without having to go into the onsets first...shift+click in edit mode automatically inserts an onsert.

6. There is no easy way to delete event data in edit mode either. Everytime I set automation and just want it reset to the default value - I find it more difficult then it needs to be. Being able to just highlight the section or placing the loop marker and having options in regards to the looper bar would be awesome. Delete data within looper, delete automation, copy automation, copy all clips, etc.

7. cntrl+dragging a clip and then having to release the mouse first is also a little wonky.

8. duplicate needs an option to set it to the next evenly spaced grid, clips should not always duplicate to the end of themselves..this is especially try if you cut up your midi @ the end of the bar a little for something different.

9. there needs to be a way to deselect a clip after selecting multiple clips in the arrange...if I accidentally highlight one I dont need, being able to unselect that clip by itself while keeping the rest selected is crucial.

10. We need mirror clips. Please. That is the whole point of electronic clip based creations. This is only an improvement in workflow and I cant see why the Ableton guys were so stubborn to keep it out and they migrated that to Bitwig.

11. Rearranging the windows would also be nice. I dont even come from Ableton, but I want my tracks on the right like Ableton its definitely better.

12. Explode drum machine or explode multi sampler, which will explode the relevant midi to their own tracks.

Oh and literally just copy FL's piano roll. It might be legacified(made it up) and workflow crappy, but the piano roll is bar none and the best in the business.

+ 1 (actually, plus probably about 10000! )

>> 12. Explode drum machine or explode multi sampler, which will explode the relevant midi to their own tracks.

majorly important Bitwig...this would be, amazing. can we get that in 2.4...:D

..while we're at it..

would really love to see a shortcut key assignment for 'Clip Mute' ... this is something I use all the time, anyone else? but in Ableton I think it's 0 key will toggle clip mute on/off. this is such a great workflow enhancement. Right now, Bitwig 2.3 allows right-click on a clip to select a menu item of 'muted'. so, it's there, it just needs a shortcut assignment. maybe they just forgot?
bw2.3-muted.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bwet wrote:..while we're at it..

would really love to see a shortcut key assignment for 'Clip Mute' ... this is something I use all the time, anyone else? but in Ableton I think it's 0 key will toggle clip mute on/off. this is such a great workflow enhancement. Right now, Bitwig 2.3 allows right-click on a clip to select a menu item of 'muted'. so, it's there, it just needs a shortcut assignment. maybe they just forgot?
bw2.3-muted.gif
You can press Alt+A to deactivate stuff (devices, tracks, etc) including clips (this mutes them). "0" was simple though. :)

shadiradio wrote:
bwet wrote:..while we're at it..

bw2.3-muted.gif
You can press Alt+A to deactivate stuff (devices, tracks, etc) including clips (this mutes them). "0" was simple though. :)
And you can rebind this in the Shortcut settings, it's called Toggle Active.

Freeze tracks. And no, bounce in place is not a good replacement for this.

Return to “Bitwig”