Why no shortcut to navigate device maps?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am still trying to find ways to navigate a device map with hardware if it has more than one page (ie more than 8 controls). I can't seem to easily script it but tbh it would seem simpler if this was simply something that could be assigned to a shortcut - eg number keys would be good for selecting pages.

+1

+1

+1

Never actually thought about it, :dog: I use push for it now, but sometimes when im other side of room (behind QWERTY) this would be so handy. :tu:

+1yes

aMUSEd wrote:I can't seem to easily script it
First create a cursor track, then a remote page that points to the current device on the current track:

Code: Select all

cursorTrack = host.createCursorTrack(4,0);
cursorDeviceRemote = cursorTrack.createCursorDevice().createCursorRemoteControlsPage(8);
Then use these 2 methods to switch pages:

cursorDeviceRemote.selectPreviousPage(true);
cursorDeviceRemote.selectNextPage(true);
I copied and pasted this directly from the script I have that does this. The only thing you need to do is hook up a MIDI message (of your choice) that triggers the select next/previous page. Good luck :)
Bitwig 2.4 | Intel i9 7940X | Win10 | RME UCX | Focal SM9

Would be great if you could simply assign a keyboard shortcut to a script (like in Reaper). Then it would be very easy to add a lot of missing shortcuts.

meta-redundant wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I can't seem to easily script it
First create a cursor track, then a remote page that points to the current device on the current track:

cursorTrack = host.createCursorTrack(4,0);
cursorDeviceRemote = cursorTrack.createCursorDevice().createCursorRemoteControlsPage(8);
Then use these 2 methods to switch pages:

cursorDeviceRemote.selectPreviousPage(true);
cursorDeviceRemote.selectNextPage(true);
I copied and pasted this directly from the script I have that does this. The only thing you need to do is hook up a MIDI message (of your choice) that triggers the select next/previous page. Good luck :)
Thanks I did try something like this but the script keeps crashing

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=499784

I'm just pretty inept when it comes to scripting - not sure what a cursor page is either, the script does have a devicepage already created

moss wrote:Would be great if you could simply assign a keyboard shortcut to a script (like in Reaper). Then it would be very easy to add a lot of missing shortcuts.
Hi Moss - totally agree. The way I've been doing this is via Bome's MIDI translator - you can convert any key command to a MIDI message, and send it out on any port. Most of my on/off controller messages are doubled up with corresponding key commands. I would love to see this functionality inside Bitwig itself - we would then have a full-blown scriptable environment.

With respect to what the OP is saying, I've noticed it is weird that there are things exposed in the API that aren't available in the Shortcuts menu. While we of course don't need API things like note streams, "select prev/next" is sort of a no brainer.
Bitwig 2.4 | Intel i9 7940X | Win10 | RME UCX | Focal SM9

OK tried to integrate the code today but I just keep getting this:
Berror.png
also everytime I try and map something to a button I get an out of range message even though I defined the cc range from 1-119 to include the Komplete Kontrol buttons as well as 16 knobs - the first 8 knobs are mapped to device pages and the rest should be freely assignable but it's only freely assigning the other 8 knobs not the buttons

I have no idea what I'm doing tbh - Bitwig need to make this process more accessible
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

+1, yes please add a shortcut for this

Still trying to add this, came across this site but trying to make sense of how to integrate it into my script as it's referring to using a midi note source to do it which seems a bit weird

https://www.keithmcmillen.com/blog/cont ... io-part-7/

Return to “Bitwig”