Need help on a question about Bitwig!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi fellow bitwig users i was wondering if anyone can tell me a bit about this pic off polysynths macros and what are those colour centers for? I've seen them on a few sites but am unsure what they represent! I'm keen to learn the wig in side out lol. So any info on what they are would be great...

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

coltpeacemaker wrote:Hi fellow bitwig users i was wondering if anyone can tell me a bit about this pic off polysynths macros and what are those colour centers for? I've seen them on a few sites but am unsure what they represent! I'm keen to learn the wig in side out lol. So any info on what they are would be great...

Cheers
It's a color indication of what the Remote Control is mapped to. For instance, assign a Remote Control to a Macro modulator; you will see the modulator inherit the color of the Remote Control.

Further, notice the little colored dots in the left-hand, top corner as these indication Remote Control association with direct parameters on a device. This can be seen with "FEG Curve" target.

lunardigs wrote:
coltpeacemaker wrote:Hi fellow bitwig users i was wondering if anyone can tell me a bit about this pic off polysynths macros and what are those colour centers for? I've seen them on a few sites but am unsure what they represent! I'm keen to learn the wig in side out lol. So any info on what they are would be great...

Cheers
It's a color indication of what the Remote Control is mapped to. For instance, assign a Remote Control to a Macro modulator; you will see the modulator inherit the color of the Remote Control.

Further, notice the little colored dots in the left-hand, top corner as these indication Remote Control association with direct parameters on a device. This can be seen with "FEG Curve" target.
Not really. The colours represent the knob of a 8-knob MIDI controller which controls given macro or parameter (therefore they're doubled on the device itself). If you buy Bitwig boxed, there's even a sheet of stickers attached that you can stick on your controller with those exact colours: red for 1st knob, orange for 2nd, yellow for 3rd, and so on.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Both of the above ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The Macros/Remotes are definitely one of the least well explained elements in the manual (which is itself fairly uninformative). If anyone has a link to a PooTube tutorial or such I'd love to learn more about them.
MacPro 6,1 // Live 11 // Bitwig 4 // Reason 12 // Logic X // Soundtoys // U-he // FabFilter // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

SLiC wrote:Both of the above ;-)
No, not really. The Remote (say with a red markers) can be controlling a Modulator, that adjusts level of several parameters on the device. You won't see red markers on more than one of those parameters, hence it's not true that it shows which parameters are controlled by the Remote.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

The color notation seems to follow the current controller "bank", which I don't believe is restricted to just eight knobs. I have to play around some more.

Return to “Bitwig”