2.4 vid is out

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to have it NOW!! I notice some freeze functions to. Im glad to get 2.3.5 today cheers.....

pdxindy wrote:As a creative sound design tool (not big library player like Kontakt) Bitwigs new and improved Sampler looks awesome... That's some VST's uninstalled right there.
Yeah for real, I've never really got into huge multisample stuff as a big part of my workflow but I love compact, well-featured samplers for sound design. If the granular + WT mode sound good then this is gonna be another huge workflow boost for me and less faffing around with VSTs.

Any idea why they think not implementing timestretch in the sampler isnt more important than all the fancy stuff??? Im actually confused...

This is everything I’ve been wanting in bitwig! It’s actually pretty much my full wishlist!

This is going to be great for MPE stuff especially. So many things that didn’t work quite right before will be awesome now. And I’ll use the sampler all the time.

Very cool!

This means we can get 2 samples (wavetables) and choose how much grains we get from each one (like eg, ohmforce´s Symptohm) :?: So we can morph 2 sounds together :?:

r4ndom wrote:Any idea why they think not implementing timestretch in the sampler isnt more important than all the fancy stuff??? Im actually confused...
The granular mode should provide a reasonable timestretch hopefully. You can change the duration independently from the pitch. We will have to see how free if artifacts it can be though (granular Doesn’t usually preserve the original quality all that accurately but is good as a more lo-fi timestretch).

r4ndom wrote:Any idea why they think not implementing timestretch in the sampler isnt more important than all the fancy stuff??? Im actually confused...
Isn't the cycles exactly that? Going by the description I'd imagine it will play your sample at different pitches without speeding up or slowing down the playback:
sampler.jpg
Or do you mean ability to detect the onsets and move them around, like you can while editing clips?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Echoes in the Attic wrote:This is everything I’ve been wanting in bitwig! It’s actually pretty much my full wishlist!

This is going to be great for MPE stuff especially. So many things that didn’t work quite right before will be awesome now. And I’ll use the sampler all the time.
Yes! Now the MPE stuff is fully realized...

Cycles preserves note pitches while using Speed changes to warp the sample, and an additional Formant parameter dynamically shifts the sound's character. This is done by generating wavetables from the sample audio and stretching this to play incoming notes. Even metallic variations can be made when keyboard tracking is disabled.

Oh ya cycles does seem like it will be a better quality timestretch than granular for preserving the original character.

The only other thing I forgot about is I hope there are some touch screen improvements so that digital pens aren’t screwed by being forced to use a multi touch gesture for editing, which is impossible with a pen. But that’s my last remaining issue hopefully.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Oh ya cycles does seem like it will be a better quality timestretch than granular for preserving the original character.
My guess is the high quality timestretch in Bitwig would be too cpu intensive for the sampler so the've done the Cycles as a way to accomplish the same thing... seems like an interesting and creative approach!

Love it. Want it. Ready to pay for it.

The new Sampler is pretty cool, but honestly how many times will I use this? Maybe every once in awhile.

This is the third or fourth release they've done that hasn't had anything useful for me.

I'm look for workflow improvements and useful features not new modulators and small instrument updates every time. I need updates for things I will use all the time not elements I will use once every few months. I need things like piano roll updates, GUI speed increases, project loading speed improvements, a better mixer, better help manual (currently barely relevant or useable. I have to search google to figure things out every time because the manual is such a mess), etc.

I mean all of these new visual features are pretty but useless. The analyzers aren't even worth using because you can't see any detailed information and they are hardly customizable at all. I know they will eventually be expanded but what's the point of these things if you can't even use them to get detailed information. They're just pretty pictures.

I would like to update, but I need something that is going to improve my daily workflow first. And at the pace of updates here it's definitely not worth updating on a yearly basis. Maybe every few years. IMO of course.

The only thing here that I care about (and yet still will probably rarely use) is the step sequencer eq thing (and that's stretching it), and maybe the tips depending on how they're implemented.

Maybe I'm being too negative or expecting too much...

rodanmusic wrote:The new Sampler is pretty cool, but honestly how many times will I use this? Maybe every once in awhile.
Eat a cinder block.

rodanmusic wrote:The only thing here that I care about (and yet still will probably rarely use) is the resizable tracks in Mix view and maybe the tips depending on how they're implemented.

Maybe I'm being too negative or expecting too much...
Sometimes an update just doesn't have the stuff you want... for lots of other people it will.

Midi Channel support (including note colouring/editing by midi channel) is an important new core functionality. Lots of people use hardware synths and this is significant for them. It is also important for the growing number of people using MPE controllers.

Return to “Bitwig”