Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bitwig 2.4 Beta2 is out.

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.4, Beta 2

NEW FEATURES
Added controller support for Novation Launchkey Mini

IMPROVEMENTS
The contents of a multisample zone can be replaced by using drag-and-drop onto the zone waveform editor
Pitch bend range used in MPE for plug-ins can now be set in the device inspector

FIXES
Excessive CPU load for note-inputs of controllers
Sustain pedal CC64 does not return to 0 when stopping transport
Steep automation curves are not being read under certain conditions
Jump to play position in clip has offset if clip start is not at 1.1.1
Dropping samples on the zone list header now maps the whole key-range
Don't use AltGr modifier during drag and drop on Mac as this key is not present
Clip color indicator for group scenes does not redraw when changing clip colors
Multisample zones in 2D-editor are not repainted when switching between velocity and select view
Crash when entering layered audio editing mode without any layer selected and then clicking the tool chooser
Drag-and-drop on windows didn't work for some sources
Crash when deleting group track in some cases
Takeover modes sometimes not working correctly
Possible to lock the application up in dual display profile by editing shortcuts and not providing a valid name for the shortcuts
When undocking a multisample editor into its own window add an inspector inside the undocked window
Regression: two-finger-scroll and zoom commands not working in Sampler waveform view
When browsing for devices and presets for the first device with a mix parameter in an effect track using the popup browser make sure to set the mix parameter to full wet

REGRESSION FIXES
Copy devices modifier was not shown when dragging clips to new tracks
Copy modifier was not shown when dragging remote control pages
Setting crossFadeMode of a track via API does not work
Recording of audio clips in the clip-launcher finished too early when stopped by launching a clip (including itself)

"Excessive CPU load for note-inputs of controllers"
So maybe this will fix the cpu problem caused by having several midi controllers ?
I have to pay to try the beta thought :neutral:

Hmm, nothing about the P1,P2,P3 parameters on Sampler. I either don't know how to use them or they haven't gotten to that yet. It could be either one as I don't have a user guide to go by.
Last edited by JHernandez on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
-JH

Well very happy to report that having several controllers (midi ports) doesnt use CPU like before !!! :party:

Very strange. I just launched Bitwig now and it alerted about the new beta. So I downloaded it. Then looking at the download directory there was already an 2.4.beta2 file there , of the same size, with a time stamp of a bit more than two hours ago. Firefox renamed the newest one adding a '(1)' :

197824826 Jul 26 17:56 bitwig-studio-2.4beta2.deb
197824826 Jul 26 20:10 bitwig-studio-2.4beta2(1).deb

I certainly did not download a previous version of 2.4 beta2 since moments ago was the first time I saw the alert about a new version.

UPDATE: It was a Opera tab buried amongst others that was still pointing at the donwload URL.
Last edited by mevla on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[deleted]

JHernandez wrote:Hmm, nothing about the P1,P2,P3 parameters on Sampler. I either don't know how to use them or they haven't gotten to that yet. It could be either one as I don't have user guide to go by.
These parameters seem to be working ok for me (except on the Play Mode, as mentioned). You know that you set these up, but they won't do anything unless you click on an a zone and set the percentage to which that zone will be affected? There are boxes in the Inspector where you enter those values.

MarkRM wrote:
JHernandez wrote:Hmm, nothing about the P1,P2,P3 parameters on Sampler. I either don't know how to use them or they haven't gotten to that yet. It could be either one as I don't have user guide to go by.
These parameters seem to be working ok for me (except on the Play Mode, as mentioned). You know that you set these up, but they won't do anything unless you click on an a zone and set the percentage to which that zone will be affected? There are boxes in the Inspector where you enter those values.
Whenever I try that, it still affects all zones... not just the one selected and changed

pdxindy wrote:
MarkRM wrote:
Whenever I try that, it still affects all zones... not just the one selected and changed
Yeah, have just tried again with the new beta and see what you mean. It seems inconsistent. I had it working with just one of the zones in the first beta, but with cutoff frequency only. Now, it seems to be affecting all of them. I had a similar thing with the voices parameters as well, where Voice 2's pan was also affecting Voice 1's, but then something happened and it started working as expected.

MarkRM wrote:These parameters seem to be working ok for me (except on the Play Mode, as mentioned). You know that you set these up, but they won't do anything unless you click on an a zone and set the percentage to which that zone will be affected? There are boxes in the Inspector where you enter those values.
How did I miss that? It's like I as blind to it, several times. :dog: Thanks.

It's working ok, but say I assign a zone to pitch or speed, (up) well the first note of an unpitched zone is still pitched. On the second note it drops down (in this case) back into it's default pitch. I can hear it do it too, a noticeable quick slide. At least all three Ps are working for separate zones in my case.

What do you mean "Play Mode"?

Also, while I have your attention, a couple questions you may have the answer to:

Do you know what the Select R parameter is for in the multisample window inspector panel?
After mapping one of the Zone Parameters, if you hover back over it the Tool Tip displays Drag modulation routings. Any idea?
ZP.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-JH

JHernandez wrote:Do you know what the Select R parameter is for in the multisample window inspector panel?
R stands for Range, and Select R. is reflected by the setting on the Select knob on the Sampler (above the Pitch knob) to the left.

JHernandez wrote: After mapping one of the Zone Parameters, if you hover back over it the Tool Tip displays Drag modulation routings.
This is for all modulators. Once you have mapped a modulator to a number of routings, you can copy all those routings to another modulator by alt+dragging from one mod to another. Additionally, alt+drag and hold ctrl to copy modulator routings.

Thanks odz. Much appreciated.
-JH

Select R is essentially identical to the SEL zone in Ableton’s Sampler. It allows you have multiple samples—each assigned to a different select range—where the samples each span a wide key zone and play in pitch according to keytracking.

Then you can create a macro knob (or automation lane) to change the index for the select range. This allows you to switch among the different samples but still play them melodically. For example, you could have a set of Bass Top samples in a single multisample, and use a knob to select among them while testing out your bass melody/riff.

In Ableton, some of us would calm this type of thing a “melodic 128”, if that rings any bells.

Right, I know it as the 128's, which I originally learned from "The Last Drum Rack You'll Ever Have to Make" Dubspot YT video.

I'm not seeing a "Distribute Ranges Equally" :wink: option, so do you know of a way of doing this quickly or are we stuck setting the Select R par for each sample or zone individually? Also, the select knob is not scrolling through the range like I would expect, (after setting them manually) like I could do with Live's chain selector.

Not that need to, because I honestly don't, but in theory can something like the 128 Drum Rack be made in Sampler now? I've been trying but I cant get it to work right. Just knowing how may be useful later, if possible.

@4:27

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TO3z8LtP5U
-JH

JHernandez: No worries :)

You can, this works for me with 16:

I'm kind of miffed about the Select knob displaying percentage values. I'll throw an email to BW about it, doesn't really make any sense to me.

Return to “Bitwig”