Bitwig 2.4 Beta 2

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's about time they had a better organised beta process instead of this haphazard and inconsistent Google forum thing.

You think email is better?

I had one, but I think it is a small one they can fix pretty easy. I sent it on to them with a project and preset for them to test. It is a repeatable bug on both my macOS and Win10pro. They acknowledged receiving the bug report.

.maki wrote:You think email is better?
No email is impossible to manage properly. A dedicated beta forum is best (something like Centercode) with systematic testing and bugtracking processes, tasks assigned to testers and a high level of interaction between testers and devs.

that would be nice yea :/

Has anyone had issues with writing Midi CC automation to either clip or arranger mode? Not working here.

Its worth noting that automation DOES write if I activate record and not just automation write.

Just had a play around and it seems like to write MIDI CC to a launcher clip, the Overdub switch needs to be activated. To write automation, the Clip Launcher Automation switch needs to be activated.

In the arrangement view, to write MIDI CC, Recording needs to be activated - this is a bit irritating because if you just want to overdub some modwheel action you will lose looped clips/clip boundaries etc. - the notes that were already there are retained but they are 'written into' a new clip which is as long as you record for. To write automation in arranger, only the write automation switch needs to be enabled, you don't need to actually be recording new MIDI.

This behaviour is consistent with 2.3.5 though so I don't think anything has changed in recent releases?

Is anyone having problems when opening a session and playing for the first time that clicks appear at certain events? I’m having clicks when the time line hits a region with a largish synth patch or a particularly loaded instance of sampler first comes on. After a few plays it disappears. If so, what could be a solution?

Thanks,

C

konXfront wrote:Is anyone having problems when opening a session and playing for the first time that clicks appear at certain events? I’m having clicks when the time line hits a region with a largish synth patch or a particularly loaded instance of sampler first comes on. After a few plays it disappears. If so, what could be a solution?

Thanks,

C
Same here with 2.3.4 with a "big" session. :(

I have had this problem since v1, sometimes when a new clip is encountered, there is a small glitch that disappears if the song is soon played from the same position again. But if there is a longer pause, the glitch might happen again. I have reported this ages ago, but since nobody including me can reproduce the seemingly random bug, nothing can be done apparently.

Actually as time goes on I've noticed some pretty major cpu spikes in the last few sessions. Yesterday when I checked no single core was averaging over 15% utilisation, but I was getting crackles every couple of seconds.

Unfortunately I updated my audio interface drivers to a brand new version around the same time the beta was released (Audient just released their 4.0 drivers which was a pretty major update), so it's going to be pretty hard to troubleshoot without reverting to earlier drivers.

Are you guys/girls noticing general cpu spikes or is it only at the start of new clips/sections?

I have complete stops of audio recently even with very low CPU utilisation, but I believe that is because I changed my audio interface and it seems the new one has not the perfect drivers for Linux. Haven't used Windows for a while so can't say how it is there.

Since were at irreproducible bugs,
Does anyone have a problem with editing a clip living on the launcher that’s, e.g. 12 bars long and only using 4 bars and transferring that extracted four bar region and putting it on the timeline. The volume goes crazy after looping the 4bar thing on the timeline. It doubles in gain.

Hope I’m explaining it well. I’ve reported it and they aren’t able to reproduce even with my session. It continues to happen every now and then when my process consists of working on the launcher (editing, trimming, processing) then building the arrangement from those elements in the timeline.

Lemme know if You need clarification I’m trying to reproduce this. This is a total let-down if not addressed or fixed.

Hez wrote:Actually as time goes on I've noticed some pretty major cpu spikes in the last few sessions. Yesterday when I checked no single core was averaging over 15% utilisation, but I was getting crackles every couple of seconds.

Unfortunately I updated my audio interface drivers to a brand new version around the same time the beta was released (Audient just released their 4.0 drivers which was a pretty major update), so it's going to be pretty hard to troubleshoot without reverting to earlier drivers.

Are you guys/girls noticing general cpu spikes or is it only at the start of new clips/sections?
The new 4.0 Audient drivers are fire. (Unlike Focusrite drivers, which are garbage on Windows.)

My guess is that you’re not running your system in “High Performance” power plan mode. (Or the newer “Extreme Performance” mode that’s only available on Windows Workstation.). If you’re running in “Balanced” power plan, other background processes are stealing and parking cores to keep the power consumption low.

If for some reason you don’t want to run in High Performance mode all the time, look into either “Process Lasso” or “Full Throttle”. Both of those utilities will allow you to stay in Balanced mode by default, but then automatically kick the system into high performance mode when you run specific applications.

Return to “Bitwig”