Beta-2 Sampler play offset bug .

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys this is my bug report sent to the dev team .......
would be interesting to know if anyone can reproduce it thanks .....

If I create an automation for the Samplers play offset slider starting from 100% going to 0% over a 1 bar clip the clip will not play for the 1st iteration, but will always play on subsequent loops after this.

I have noticed that reducing the offset to 90% or less at the start of the clip it will play correctly.

Also noticed that putting a timeshift tool in front of the sampler with -0.1 time then the loop always plays correctly on the 1st iteration, strange thing is if I keep the timeshift tool there but disable it ( power button ) it still works correctly.

I don't see any latency shown in the mixer view and no xruns etc on my machine. This is a really small project and very little CPU being consumed.

This happens for all modes in the sampler, repitch , cycles and textures.

Running Beta-2 on Linux mint - 18 on an 8gb ram HP pavilion 15 laptop ( AMD )

mikoatkvr wrote:Hi guys this is my bug report sent to the dev team .......
would be interesting to know if anyone can reproduce it thanks .....

If I create an automation for the Samplers play offset slider starting from 100% going to 0% over a 1 bar clip the clip will not play for the 1st iteration, but will always play on subsequent loops after this.

I have noticed that reducing the offset to 90%<<( must update this bit to the devs ) 99% or less at the start of the clip it will play correctly.

Also noticed that putting a timeshift tool in front of the sampler with -0.1 time then the loop always plays correctly on the 1st iteration, strange thing is if I keep the timeshift tool there but disable it ( power button ) it still works correctly.

I don't see any latency shown in the mixer view and no xruns etc on my machine. This is a really small project and very little CPU being consumed.

This happens for all modes in the sampler, repitch , cycles and textures.

Running Beta-2 on Linux mint - 18 on an 8gb ram HP pavilion 15 laptop ( AMD )

UPDATE : After saving the project and restarting Bitwig the problem no longer exists.

I'm unsure if tinkering with the Sampler settings or something else fixed it, but I will look out for this in the future. After a really quick response from the Devs, they now know the situation.

Return to “Bitwig”