Can't convert to hybrid track (solved)

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

I can't convert a track to a hybrid track, the option is always greyed out.
I am sure I must be doing something wrong.
Any ideas waht that might be? (OSX, BW 2.4)

Thanks,
tL.
Last edited by LYTZ on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional.

Maybe it already is a hybrid track? :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Haha, no it's not. :D

It is greyed out on Audio Tracks and on Instrument Tracks no matter where and what.
Looks like this: (I just see that ALL "convert to" options are greyed out *always*,
no matter on which track I am...)
screenshot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Professional.

Fun thing is I can "force" Bitwig to create a Hybrid track from an Instrument Track
when I just place an Audio File on the Instrument Track.

(All options are still greyed out after that.Can't convert back or do any other options)

But obviously it doesn't work the other way around.
Professional.

You seem to be on the scene area, what is there that you could convert into a hybrid track.

Tracks are only on the arrangement page, so try dragging a clip from a scene onto the arrangement window area and you should be able to do what you want.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Yeah, that was it! Thanks a lot Kypresso. :tu:
Professional.

The automatic conversion is a feature, not a "bug" :-)
There even were thoughts if all tracks should be always hybrid, so you would only have one kind of track, making things easier in some regards, the overhead isn't that much different. But people are used to having different tracks so it was decided against for the time being.

I never realized that this does not work in clip view (I mostly use the combined view in arranger) - what Kypresso says isn't really true, it's always the same tracks, just a different view on them, so in theory it should work the same - or the options shouldn't be there at all if they aren't supposed to be used.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “Bitwig”