Post just your TOP 3 wishlist for BITWIG 2.5.....

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1/ audio quantise. I’d like to be able to convert onsets to stretch markers and be able to apply shuffle/groove templates to the warp markers. It’d make straightening out audio so much quicker.

2/ faster loading times. Sometimes Bitwig can take what seems like an eternity in booting up. Please make this quicker.

3/ groove templates; emulations of the most popular MPC logic swing etc

Disclaimer , I'm not a Bitwig license holder .... Yet ...
1. Dedicated company branded controller ( simular to Push maybe better )
2. Make Bitwig2 8track Free ( Ableton has done this before with live lite )
3. Bitwig t-shirts xl and hats included with the boxed version of software hey why not ? ....

The vast majority of programs, or at least English-language programs, have standard gui controls that make them easy and intuitive to use. I don't know if it's because Bitwig is German or what, but Bitwig's controls are very different, and in many ways much less efficient. I can't just select a region, right-click, and see "loop selected region" as a menu option, I have to press Ctrl+L. These fixes would be simple (just add it to the menu ffs!) and make Bitwig's workflow more efficient.

Key commands are quick and efficient if you ask me. The less a have to use a mouse to get to menus the better. Key commands rule and they’re very standard, regardless of language. They usually show up right next to well thought out menu items on OS’s or applications, for example. The purpose, presumably, being so you don’t waste time going through menus every time.

Well good luck with your FR/wish. :tu:
-JH

In general I am looking for more workflow improvements over modulators.

I hate that their tap tempo is utterly nonintuitive.

I also don't get why I can't have midi auditions directed to the current track. If I am auditioning a drum loop, I want to hear drums, not an atonal collection of notes.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

The #1 feature for me by far would be LV2/DSSI support. The fact that Bitwig is available on Linux natively is huge, but being able to use instrument & fx plugins already available in our repositories would be amazing for us Linux users.
A very close second would be audio to MIDI, with monophonic, polyphonic, and drum conversions.
I guess the third thing would be more controller scripts shipping with Bitwig. The M-Audio Code series, for example, has no "official" script yet, so whenever you map a knob to a control, it's only for that specific control on that specific instance of that device, where a script automatically assigns your hardware to device knobs 1-8.

1. Comping
2. Overdub audio recording
3. Looping with hetereogeneous clip/track looping lenghts

Basically, an improved feature set for recording acoustic instruments.

1) Sampler - freely assignable slicing and playing with midi inputs
2) Audio and midi quantize groove import
3) ARA integration

and...

4) Sampler - timestretch modes the same as outside of the sampler. Not essential as you can stretch and then pop into a sampler but smoothing out this bit of the workflow would be great.

1 Ability to arrange individual drumracks channels in the arrangement view, non destructively(now we have to extract them)
2 step sequencers ala ableton live: https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/probabi ... -10-suite/
3 something like flstudio riff machine: https://www.image-line.com/support/flst ... ff_art.htm

Phingablazt wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:03 pm 1/ audio quantise. I’d like to be able to convert onsets to stretch markers and be able to apply shuffle/groove templates to the warp markers. It’d make straightening out audio so much quicker.

2/ faster loading times. Sometimes Bitwig can take what seems like an eternity in booting up. Please make this quicker.

3/ groove templates; emulations of the most popular MPC logic swing etc

Hi! I’m new to bitwig (bought it yesterday) but I would have to ageee. Swing templates would be awesome.
Or - a full scale groove editor like in waveform! That would be even more awesome.

I do love what they have done with audio editing (within clips) that’s nothing short of revolutionary for me!
Cheers!
DC

tubular2000 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:55 am
JHernandez wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:47 pm The one where they can't sing, or the one where someone is too lazy to comp the vocals manually? Which?

I'd like to see some "quick swipe" style comping myself, time saver for sure, but tuning plugins and quick comp style editing haven't always been around and people got along fine without. If you really want to, assuming the vocalist has a workable voice, you can get it done, thinking you can't is an excuse not to.

Could be you (not you in particular) just don't know how, in such case, look it up. Youtube will get you there. :wink:
50 years ago they where writing letters on typewriters, does't mean it's not more efficient to use a word processor, you have to live with your time. beside, pitch correction is also a very creative tool. i don't think bitwig should spent much time developing their own pitch corrector, just provide ara capability and people will buy the thing that works for them

Actually I think this is a fair wish. I like using melodyne ara in studio one and waveform. And comping speeds things up for sure. Would love to see that in bitwig.
Not having it won’t stop me using it, but I would love to see it!
Also I really like vocalign. Studio one has that available through ara too! Pretty awesome.

I'm not sure whether posting in this topic makes any sense, but I hope devs read it. My wishlist is the following:

1. Better piano roll with scale highlighting.
2. Ability to set a custom color for clips and tracks.
3. Vertical zoom. Yes, I need a fair vertical zoom that works for ALL tracks simultaneously.
4. An option to lock the current vertical zoom value for the piano roll.
5. Custom skins. The current Bitwig's look is too black with all those acidic bright colors.
6. Track freeze.
7. Modular system tool (or whatever its name is) to create my own devices.

A wrapper for Pd patches (like MobMuPlat for Android/iOS but with Bitwig-like graphics)
or a wrapper for M4L devices in case you own a full Max...
Maybe the internal modular framework could hold up to those?

This is just speculation, but I don't think the modular framework will be something like PD or Max. I think it's going to be a lot more high level, which doesn't have to be a bad thing. Like, you will probably be able to connect all kinds of high level modules like filters, envelopes, LFOs, oscillators etc together, but I don't think you'll be able to actually make your own filters etc.
I just don't see them developing something like that from scratch. PD and Max have been around for a long, long time after all.
However, maybe you'll be able to somehow import PD externals or code and import your own modules in C++ like in Synth Edit (I believe).
M4L compatibility is not going to happen.

Delta Sign wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:09 pm This is just speculation, but I don't think the modular framework will be something like PD or Max. I think it's going to be a lot more high level, which doesn't have to be a bad thing. Like, you will probably be able to connect all kinds of high level modules like filters, envelopes, LFOs, oscillators etc together, but I don't think you'll be able to actually make your own filters etc.
I just don't see them developing something like that from scratch. PD and Max have been around for a long, long time after all.
However, maybe you'll be able to somehow import PD externals or code and import your own modules in C++ like in Synth Edit (I believe).
M4L compatibility is not going to happen.

Is this something that’s actually on the cards?
I know what you mean, it would also be in line with bitwig - you can do insanely awesome and complexed ruff, but a certain amount of it is done for you. Which I agree isn’t a bad thing. Saves time and keeps things moving

Return to “Bitwig”