Post just your TOP 3 wishlist for BITWIG 2.5.....

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. logarithmic waveform view as in Ardour...
2. tempo mapping as in Logic...
3. scripter device better than in Logic...

Its more the first 3 which came to mind than the TOP 3.
I am so happy at the moment with all those MPE issues sorted...

The modular system, or a wrapper for Pd patches with access to the API would be nice as well...

1 - Gui handled by the GPU (and some speed improvements generally)
2 - Groove tools
3 - Polyphonic modulators with MPE capable VST's

- alias/linked clips,
- stretching/compressing clip content (MIDI, audio) from arranger,
- capture (retrospective MIDI recording),

I'd love the have the 1st, the other 2 are nice to have.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

1. Linking controller data to note data on same midi channel.
2. Proper comping for audio/midi
3. Polyphonic modulators.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

1- midi clip time stretching
2- ability to sync to external midi for clock but not transport (so I can keep time based effects that I’m monitoring through in sync while jamming around with hardware, but not start and stop the timeline and recording)
3- step entry for midi notes

1. time stretch on the sampler
2. comping.
3. bitwigs own controller
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

I'm pretty confident that we'll see more updates to the sampler before 2.5. . . at least implementation of the superb timestretch already implemented within the program.

SLiC wrote:just your TOP 3 - lets see if we have any influence on what the BW team prioritise for 2.5 (lets see if their is any consensus!)

1) Comping
2) More/better midi editing tools (piano roll)
3) integrated melodyne ARA
+1
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

1.) step recording
2.) drum editor ( see CUBASE or studio one if you don't know what that is)
3.) chord track ( similar to the one in CUBASE, not like the one in studio one)

Similar to SLiC.

1) Comping

2) Better MIDI editing tools - specifically arbitrary stretching for MIDI events to easily create polyrhythms, and step input with clever keyboard navigation (e.g. left and right arrows while not holding a MIDI note on your keyboard to move between grid steps, left and right while holding a MIDI note to make the note longer or shorter, Ctrl key as a modifier for fine increment while stepping left/right etc.)

3) I'd say either deeper access to the modular system or some cool new devices. Some device & modulator ideas that I've thought about over the years with Bitwig (these are just ideas, not requests, so I'm totally technically still in the 3 request limit... :D):

- Some sort of step sequencer/note generation device that doesn't require MIDI input (so you can start to generate notes purely from modulators). This device should handle rate modulation cleanly, I like the Arpeggiator but you can't really generate 32nd note trills with it or anything fun like that. Ideally it'd have ratcheting, a reset toggle, direction control and all that good stuff.

- A pitch tracking modulator & a spectral energy tracking modulator (though both of these would probably induce latency which might be a pain). These would be great for building mixing tools, e.g. an EQ with a notch that can either track the fundamental of the input, or a wider cut that can follow the general spectral energy of the patch. A compressor that increases its ratio when there is a lot of low frequency energy and decreases it when there's a lot of high frequency energy. A delay that increases its feedback when incoming audio gets brighter.

Unfiltered Audio have built some cool tools in this arena - their compressor is very innovative and I think they're adding both of these modulator ideas at some point to their general VST ecosystem. I think this would be a really cool way for Bitwig to step up as a competitive mixing & engineering environment in their own special way - I actually really enjoy mixing songs in Bitwig because there's so many ways to creatively engineer your track. The boundaries between sound design/creation/arranging/engineering get blurred and that's just the way I like it ;)

- A really really nice native Saturator for chopping peaks off drums etc., less extreme than Amp and with auto gain like Fabfilter Saturn for quick mixing (though the Compressor actually works pretty well for this on minimum attack and release settings)

- A slew limiter modulator (I need this so bad!)

- Higher quality filters (or a high quality mode for the existing ones)

- Probs loads of others that I've forgotten about...

MIDIMIDI papparampam , and everything from here https://ask.audio/articles/using-chord- ... n-your-daw these kind of stuffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE1SU-wfKDA
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

1.Dim Solo
2.Oversampling Chainer
3.Groove Grid like cubase

For dim solo, unlike normal solo, you can still hear other tracks sound, so if you use dim solo, the rest of the tracks become very quiet. Very useful for mixing and sound making. I want this feature!

Oversampling chainer is like if you put plugins in that chainer the whole processes inside are oversampled.

For Groove Grid, i heard cubase can customize a groove to a project or tracks so it would be very handy.

Finally fix the lack of full VST and VST3 preset support

Import/Export for device maps

Integration with NI Komplete Kontrol/NKS

1. Better performance and a non laggy, gpu accelerated GUI. So that drag'n'drop in pianoroll won't lag on cpu load and it updates with 40-60Hz

2. Improvements in detail functionality, more comfort: A better UNDO, e.g. remove identical steps, write UNDO action to statusline, highlight the affected parameter. Better fxp import, so you can drag fxp onto a instrument. Export of fxb/fxp for any vst device. fxb support. More customization in the preset browser. Better overview screen listing date, filename, path and author and finder tags, sortable. Better autonaming rendering options like %SONGNAME% variable, remembering last settings (so updating loop points). Optionally getting rid of auto-creating dirs on save. Optional compensated curve in analyzer with 0.8, 1.6, 2.4, 3.2, 4.0, 4.8 dB. Mix mode L+R combined or L+R separately (so you can see the diff of cancelled out audio). Analyzer not as device, but a gui element, high performance GPU accelerated, color options, falloff time, maybe. multiple channels at once. Support for mac magic trackpad gestures like pinch-to-zoom. On a device crash, trying to save the current preset fxp data first, so it doesn't load the last preset.

3. Detail work in modulators/dsp/midi: Prelook within the audio sidechain, so you can trigger without any attack. Free drawable LFO with 2-256 steps, including all automation functionality. Curve parameters in audio sidechain for attack/release, hold parameter. A better filter module, including steep 8p digital filters, a real mixing filter without coloration 1p, 2p and 4p. MIDI non destructive grid offset, negative and positive, so you can move notes slightly to the left, without getting extra latency, just like any DAW has it. Quantization providing custom drawable offsets, and a non exclusive popup, so you can preview it.

1. GUI rendered on GPU with 60fps
2. Performance Improvement
3. Midi editing tools
RME Babyface Pro / Bitwig / Adam A7X / Elektron AR MKII / Novation Peak / Akai Force / Eurorack

Return to “Bitwig”