[Swap is Done/Completed/Thx] I will swap my Live 10 Suite for Your Bitwig 2.4 straight up. :)

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So this will be an account transfer thing, I go to my Live acc and give them your mail as a transfer destination and you simply do the same as Bitwig support does this also, no money no nothing, straight up, any interested please PM me.
One way or another, I am coming! I will be a Bitwigger. :)
Last edited by SmajjL on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The infection spreads.

Ableton Live is like a disease now huh? I would'nt go that far but I bet you have had your moments with 'it' huh? :)

Note: I will buy Bitwig the 18th and then Live will be for sale instead elsewhere and this is an unscratched mint condition digital copy (key) licence and Ableton will send you this since I will do a request of a licence transfer, right? :)
And no, this is not the EDU version or anything funny.. :)

And i've seen lots of (selling Bitwig) before here, it would look nice to have something different show up here.
Bitwig!! :tu: :clap: :phones:

Greetings btw :)

Please check your PM.

swindus wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:26 am Please check your PM.

:D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

hey I'm selling my bitwig 2.4 license with still 10 months of free upgrades for 200 € / 230 $, PM me if you are interested!!

LoL antic, you sure know how to wake people up! :D

Cat3rer, I could have a potential swap going already though and I am hoping to not be a salesperson :) but thanks for the heads up. ;)

Man, it seems those ableton users who try bitwig have a similar reaction. Im in exactly the same position. I love live...been learning it inside out for the last two years (after working in predominantly linear DAWs) and finally felt like i really knew it inside out. operation was smooth, i felt inspired. All was good!
then i tried out bitwig. It just does everything i wished live would do....and i mean everything. It does literally all the things i want. that never happens!!!!

The only thing that has made it hard for me is push. I love programming drums with it, and the integration with devices is amazing, but i dont know if that really is enough to stop me from using the program that does everything i want, the way i want.

I dont know if you sorted out a copy for yourself yet, but if anyone else is watching....i need a copy of bitwig too, so if you are interested in selling one - PM me!
Cheers!

p.s - interested to hear your thoughts - how are you getting on with bitwig? What was it that finally made you take the leap?

Hey David, I have have done the swap and planned to update this thread soon, the only thing is that Ableton's system is fast and automatic instant! Dauym! :) with transferring license and I am still waiting for Bitwig support to read and manage their mail/request and we did this on a weekend, and all went perfect otherwise. :)
I read one can expect 1-3 working days with Bitwig support so I am just chilling and I my body is ready for a nice Bitwig mail. :)
So if you are sure you gonna do this? this is what you should expect, little time. :)

I've known about Bitwig from start like most of us, but it was the updates for the time-stretch and finally the Sampler that made me, eum-eum - OK you got me, not really possible for me to go with Bitwig if they did not do that no matter how much I like the workflow, not possible I tell ya. :)
So Bitwigs workflow, crazy easy modulation and, if I need more filters or anything, you can throw free ones in there or what ever. :)
It might look like I did this easy? Ableton has quality sounding stuff and a generous library and if you love re-mixing, you might miss the auto warp, maby Live Lite is enough for that task, not sure. :)
Not super easy, better think twice about your needs and what is important to you, myself I can start Bitwig now and enjoy the ride forward. :)
Moss the scripter said I could expect all the features working on Linux even on Bitwig so, I can't say anything personally about Push1-2 myself, (yet) ;) but it was good news to me. :)

And ahh, you looking to buy, not swap?
Ps, excuse all the smileys, wow :party:

Free filters? You mean filter plugins? I like the ladder in Bitwig..pretty cool.
But yeah the workflow is insane. I love the time stretch options in the clip view...the ability to just transpose something by a step or an octave/change algorithms...is so well laid out.
i think one of the final things for me is in clip editing. As someone who cut my teeth in pro tools/linear editors, i have alwas felt the clip approach super limiting in terms of audio editing. In Ableton its almost non existent. In waveform (the other one i fell in love with recently) its also non existent. but the ability to fully edit audio clips, all within the clip, is nothing short of revolutionary.

plus im liking the layout. Once you get used to the shortcuts, you can fly around it so quick. I love how quick the automation is. They kept the Ableton style where you touch a parameter and its automation curve instantly appears - that is probably my favourite thing about Ableton and easily the fastest way of doing automation. then there are the curves....hahah

thats a real shame about the wait, specially when you are excited! but thanks for giving me the heads up. Im almost certainly gonna get it. Just trying to work out what to do controller wise - i have push and komplete control/maschine....kinda feel like they are gonna become redundant.
Having said that...i also have a slate raven....which isnt compatible with ANY of the programs im now using. So in a sense its a big decision not just in terms of my workflow, but my whole studio setup!!! Cant see the point of keeping so much stuff im not gonna use. Might just sell it and build a super computer. Or get that new medusa synth (MPE controller too!!)

I didn't know Bitwig was missing auto warp function. I have noticed that if i have shuffle selected on clips, it does warp audio to fit (it seems) however, its not something i have used massively in Ableton, seeing as i tend to make all my own samples/synth sounds etc etc

When you say linux, you mean you are running bitwig on linux? Or you have a linux controller? Sorry no experience with that.
Cheers for the response. Its nice to see someone as excited as i am. i really feel liek this is a new standard. Cant believe more aren't flocking to it. Though, with the new sampler and audio editing...more are sure to follow suit.

i actually feel like if I'm not on Bitwig I'm just unnecessarily handicapping myself.

Yep, the what ever plugins. :)
Ah yeah, I must have a look at the shortcuts also, good heads up on that I might have overlooked, thx, I have yet to dig-in on Eeverything they have added for the last few months, but I have some fun ahead of me for sure. :)

So with some reservation for me not beeing up to date yet with the ways of Bitwig and maby speaking wrong terms :)

So if I got drifting audio material out of this planet from hell, the "70's" a whole song, Bitwig can warp and align that to the grid without problems in a clever way using the detected transients and a Bitwig way of snap markers to grid/quantize kind of thing?
Then I certainly did not know about it except for splitting and then, quantize, this is what I mean anyway, that stuff. :)

I am a Windows guy, but I am trying to explore Linux and make sure I am Linux compatible for the future ;)
A normal MIDI keyboard should be fine and Bitwig can learn the knobs, but something like Push and its features is not "normal" hehe :) and pretty amazing to me if that thing works on Linux with Bitwig. :)

With your last thought, I think.. you will be a Bitwigger soon also. ;)

One can hope Bitwig feels it is worth update their license transfer thing in the future, only they know how often they need to assist with these things and if it is worth that time, for now, they are doing it old-school. :)

Thanks man and good luck :)

Yeah it looks like i may have lined up a copy, but i would need to transfer the liscence. Dammit. So three days? that sucks!!
Well, bitwig has warping functions, so you dont 'need' to split the audio (though that is a reallly nice way to edit in 2.4) but yeah it has all the same warp markers...whether or not it warps automatically i do not know, i will check .
I know if you have the shuffle knob on it definitely warps audio to the shuffle grid....so to me that would suggest that it does have auto warp.
So many possibilities with this system!! Its insane. If only i could port a few m4l devices.
I think thats the only thing missing from bitwig - the user cdommunity. While the user community is definitely active (from what i have seen) and very intelligent, its just not the same size as ableton. You dont have all the same third party developers and extra devices/controllers....hopefullly that will come soon! Still feels like a well kept secret. even though it is right out in the open

High five! on that then :)

WeeeEelllll hmm, I am trying to think optimistic also and take the 1-3 days as a best scenario :) I got the hint from here https://answers.bitwig.com/questions/15 ... -of-bitwig
He did offer to just give me the key but it would be tied to his account etc most probably, so yeah, better do it the correct the right way and wait. :)

Yeah, i've seen some Youtubers that knows their way around Bitwig and doing crazy stuff. :)
Think i've seen that Bitwig's plan was to open stuff up even more so one could build stuff, not sure where that went, we'll see. :)

Todays music does not drift like that thank gawd, statisticaly.. and I can go through the whole song manually with a small loop going, step by step, just saying it is not my favourite thing to do in life :)

I think I will watch some Bitwig Youtubers as my bedtimestory tonight actually. :D

This KVR Forum will along with Bitwig will grow I am sure, just look at this, they got two new fantastic users ;) ;)

DavidCarlyon wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:30 pmThe only thing that has made it hard for me is push. I love programming drums with it, and the integration with devices is amazing, but i dont know if that really is enough to stop me from using the program that does everything i want, the way i want.
You can do almost everything in Bitwig + Push that you can with Live, although there's no such a fancy graphics. Check Moss' scripts:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMgtq3 ... /playlists
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Bitwig”