[Solved]

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[Mod Edit] This post is based on wrong information. Please inform yourself in the future before posting.

So I have been using Bitwig since the very first betas and I love the program. Unfortunately I have had to work abroad for a while so have been completely out of the music production loop.

When I came back I saw something that really upset me and left me with a bad feeling.

Bitwig is now essentially making you pay 150 a month for patches?!?! What the f**k is this?

I have no problem paying for a new version IE when Bitwig 2 came out. But why should I pay annually for updates to the same version ? It’s an absolute joke. With FL studio you buy it once and get all future updates for free and I’m pretty sure with the others you always get the updates of that version for free.

This is a really bad move from Bitwig and I’m guessing he only reason they are doing it is because their sales figures are down and money is becoming an issue. I cannot understand where something’s like this is ever a good idea.

Please sign this petition to show Bitwig that this is not okay and it needs to be revisited or reloaded at as this could cause a lot of potential customers to say no thanks! This would obviously then mean the end of the company ... Especially if they are already having issues with selling the product which is forcing cash flow issues this is not the answer!

Signed.

Nope. Bye :P
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Its not about numbers! Actually if you update, you would pay less than I did and get so much more. This had been discussed a lot btw...

Nope from me as well...

If you like FL better go ahead...

I'm happy with the current pricing model...

and it is not $150 a month... I paid $129 for the year and they (the Bitwig Devs) are doing excellent updates and it is well worth it.

Also, I would guess sales are going fairly well because there are a lot more people talking about Bitwig in forums now than a year or two ago.

How about we propose a petition to ban you from this forum.

If you can propose one while being unhappy with Bitwig Team,why can't we do it being unhappy with your consideration of the effort put by a very small team to compete with best DAWs on the market.

You should try suing Apple if you are really concerned about overpriced things.

Nope - Bitwigs model is excellent - and they are delivering top quality updates.

Do a search before posting. This has been discussed extensively. If you don’t like the model, don’t buy the product. It’s as simple as that.
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

gesslr wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:59 am Do a search before posting. This has been discussed extensively. If you don’t like the model, don’t buy the product. It’s as simple as that.
Well it look like he already had bought Bitwig 2, although that raises a question as the OP must have been aware of the model before buying 2 as it was part of the agreement for a 2 license (and widely debated), it wasn't something changed after that while he was away.

gesslr wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:59 am Do a search before posting. This has been discussed extensively. If you don’t like the model, don’t buy the product. It’s as simple as that.
+1

Let me try to understand this issue and please someone explain me...

you already paid for the software but for the newest version you have to pay more than 100 dollars yearly or monthly to get the next update? I mean, I don't know if the OP is exaggerating with something like that monthly, it would be a monstrosity from a company, but if it is yearly... is not the best business model you might find definitely. and is recommended switch daw if certain companies does stuffs like that towards their costumers, even when some people accept something like this (really weird stuffs we find in this life, it really make you question the destinations of the humanity).

JunSev wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:27 amand is recommended switch daw if certain companies does stuffs like that towards their costumers, even when some people accept something like this (really weird stuffs we find in this life, it really make you question the destinations of the humanity).
Well, not if you think you get your moneys worth, right?

And I agree - it's really weird seeing how some people's mind work. If you judge a software that is supposed to bolster and channel your creativity, surely a monetary metric is not the best one to do that?! I indeed pity the human race, if we need to attach and compare a $ sign to everything... :P
Last edited by antic604 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast

[Mod Edit] Please try in the future to refrain from calling names and being rude to others for no good reason. Thanks.

jjdejong0 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:37 amBut I’m sure most fan boy morons will lap it up and snap their hands off to get it. Judging by the responses of this thread I’m surprised Bitwig isn’t charging 500 a year for patches. Seems like you guys would gobble it up and even thank them for the privilege...
That's really uncalled for...

Do your search first and you'll see the topic has been discussed several times already and most are not really happy about it (we'd all prefer FL Studio model, obviously) but in the end you've got to weigh that against what you get in updates and how frequent they are. Apparently people (me included) are happy with what they get and they choose to support small developer. Not everything in life should be about money & return on investment.

If you don't like something, don't use it instead of venting your frustration and calling people 'morons' :dog:
Music tech enthusiast

"Do your search first and you'll see the topic has been discussed several times already."

[Mod Edit] Stop the namecalling or you will be banned.

Return to “Bitwig”