Drum machine and Nepheton

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In Ableton you can use one instance of for example nepheton (808 emulation vst) and play it with your drum rack. How can you do it with drum machine in Bitwig? Bitwigs drum machine seems not have all the options like drum rack?

Note receiver before Nepheton pointing to a drum machine

If you just want it so that you can see the instrument names in the editor, you don't even need to use the note receiver. Just put the drum machine before nepheton on the same track. Then click in each cell of the drum machine that you want labelled with an instrument and write the name in the slot. When you click in the note editor you'll see the names you listed, which makes it easier to write patterns (I'm assuming this is why you want to do this).
2.png
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Randall P. McMurphy wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:21 am If you just want it so that you can see the instrument names in the editor, you don't even need to use the note receiver. Just put the drum machine before nepheton on the same track. Then click in each cell of the drum machine that you want labelled with an instrument and write the name in the slot. When you click in the note editor you'll see the names you listed, which makes it easier to write patterns (I'm assuming this is why you want to do this).

2.png1.png
Yes, this works but I cant label the cells? When I click the cell Bitwig opens the broser and wants me to put an instrument in the cell :/

Novaliz wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:47 pm
Randall P. McMurphy wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:21 am If you just want it so that you can see the instrument names in the editor, you don't even need to use the note receiver. Just put the drum machine before nepheton on the same track. Then click in each cell of the drum machine that you want labelled with an instrument and write the name in the slot. When you click in the note editor you'll see the names you listed, which makes it easier to write patterns (I'm assuming this is why you want to do this).

2.png1.png
Yes, this works but I cant label the cells? When I click the cell Bitwig opens the broser and wants me to put an instrument in the cell :/
Click on the drumpad and then press Ctrl+r (the shortcut for renaming things in Bitwig Studio)
((( ~ )))

wavedigit wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:07 pm
Novaliz wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:47 pm

2.png1.png
Click on the drumpad and then press Ctrl+r (the shortcut for renaming things in Bitwig Studio)
Hm, I must be doing it wrong? When I click the C1 cell for example, nothing happens. Although trying CTR+R. If I doubleclick the cell or the plus symbol the browser opens?

In my experience something has to be on the pad to activate it before you can name it, but there's a way around this. Do this: when the browser pops open, simply hit OK without choosing anything. Now you can name it.
-JH

Novaliz wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:35 pm Hm, I must be doing it wrong? When I click the C1 cell for example, nothing happens. Although trying CTR+R. If I doubleclick the cell or the plus symbol the browser opens?
It appears that you have to have a device inside a drum pad before you can rename it. You can load up a tool device inside a drum pad and disable it (or deactivate it by selecting it first and pressing Ctrl+a)

Edit:
Or better what JHernandez said: Just click "Ok" in the browser prompt, and then you're able to rename them.
((( ~ )))

. . . or choosing any device and deleting it will work as well, but like I said above, just hit OK when the browser pops up. You don't need to choose anything.
-JH

JHernandez wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:27 pm . . . or choosing any device and deleting it will work as well, but like I said above, just hit OK when the browser pops up. You don't need to choose anything.
Thank you all guys for your help! Now it works! For no obvious reason I didnt hit OK and continued :)

Return to “Bitwig”