Bitwig crashes a lot when using Avenger

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have bought Avenger and now Bitwig crashes a lot when using ist. Does someone has the same issue?

I use VPS Avenger frequently and don’t experience crashes. I’m running on Windows.

I experienced regular crashes with Avenger in other DAWs. So maybe not a specific Bitwig problem, but a buggy plugin.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:58 pm I experienced regular crashes with Avenger in other DAWs. So maybe not a specific Bitwig problem, but a buggy plugin.
Yeah, I've seen Live users complaining about it as well.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

VPS-Avenger is updated quite frequently by the developers, so it’s probably a temporary situation.

I also use VPS Avenger (1.42) frequently and don’t experience crashes with Bitwig Windows 10 64
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

No problems on win 10.
RME Babyface Pro / Bitwig / Adam A7X / Elektron AR MKII / Novation Peak / Akai Force / Eurorack

Glad I didn't buy it if it's so buggy.
:borg:

Same here, on macos Bitwig. Avenger constantly crashes. They are not able to fix this crash fest. It is not Bitwig's fault, have the same experience in Renoise and multiple machines. I also think that Avenger is lacking of specific denormal number prevention code, but the author thinks a compiler switch is enough to prevent it.

Novaliz, are you using a mac?

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:26 pm Same here, on macos Bitwig. Avenger constantly crashes. They are not able to fix this crash fest. It is not Bitwig's fault, have the same experience in Renoise and multiple machines. I also think that Avenger is lacking of specific denormal number prevention code, but the author thinks a compiler switch is enough to prevent it.

Novaliz, are you using a mac?
Hey, no. I am using a 8700k CPU with Windos 10 64 Bit Professional.

Novaliz: What vendor is your GPU?

Yokai wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:56 pm I use VPS Avenger frequently and don’t experience crashes. I’m running on Windows.
Same here.

Win7x64pro - no crashes with Avenger in Bitwig 2.3.
The average bored guy

Return to “Bitwig”