BITWIG STUDIO 3

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My hope is that when BWS 3 hits people at large will finally see BWS as it's own DAW, on it's own path. Wouldn't that be nice? I think so. Good stuff.
-JH

odz wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:22 pm
mmahan40 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:20 pm Ableton eeked out a comparatively minor update to v10
What, you got SEVEN favorite categories which are stupidly inflexible, a high resolution font, and groups in groups! How are you not just throwing money at the screen for Live 10?
And new, awesome multi-clip editing that's unusable after you tried Bitwig's take on it :dog:

My Live 10 Suite license really gathers dust now and I consider getting rid of it...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

:D :D :D :party: :party: :party:

JHernandez wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:31 pm My hope is that when BWS 3 hits people at large will finally see BWS as it's own DAW, on it's own path. Wouldn't that be nice? I think so. Good stuff.
Agree. It's slowly happening already, although I still see those "Ableton clone" posts often.
Music tech enthusiast

I think I've just sold two new Bitwig licences here at work - or should I say the future update sold them - I was already getting a few people interested. :party:

As someone who recently built a passable version of “Erosion” in ReaktorFX, only to cringe at the bugs and design constraints in Reaktor, and the poor usability of the Panel elements in Reaktor, I finally tossed it and just built a Frankenstein rack directly in Bitwig to do the same thing.

I can’t wait for this, so I can build a nicer version in a Grid device.

arrakeen wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:39 pm I think I've just sold two new Bitwig licences here at work - or should I say the future update sold them - I was already getting a few people interested. :party:
:clap: :tu:

I've a feeling they'll see flood of new users soon.

Looking forward to the presentations at NAMM and open beta afterwards! :love:
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:35 pm
JHernandez wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:31 pm My hope is that when BWS 3 hits people at large will finally see BWS as it's own DAW, on it's own path. Wouldn't that be nice? I think so. Good stuff.
Agree. It's slowly happening already, although I still see those "Ableton clone" posts often.
I'm guilty of comparing a couple features myself, so I do get it, mainly Drum Racks compared to Drum Machine on my part. It's the only thing I miss from my very brief love affair with Live, but I have no regrets switching upon finding out BWS existed. It's the only DAW installed in my computer.
-JH

I guess alot (at least some) of changes / improvements etc will be announced at namm for Bitwig 3.0. The modular environment itself is huge, and I hope they add comping soon to win more users over, even though I dont't care for it myself. :party:

Congrats Bitwig team, this is truly a remarkable platform for making music.

antic604 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:31 pm
odz wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:22 pm
mmahan40 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:20 pm Ableton eeked out a comparatively minor update to v10
What, you got SEVEN favorite categories which are stupidly inflexible, a high resolution font, and groups in groups! How are you not just throwing money at the screen for Live 10?
And new, awesome multi-clip editing that's unusable after you tried Bitwig's take on it :dog:

My Live 10 Suite license really gathers dust now and I consider getting rid of it...
Yeah, the whole "click with your mouse on 5 px high bars" to change clips is ridiculous. They are stupidly protective of their horrible interface.

I felt it was completely right for me to pay for Live 10, as I had pirated Live 9 for some 5 years and finally had money to dish out on it. I'm still not really using it though, and I got rid of my Push 2 as well. Dust is really what it's good for nowadays.

are there also news about new features like e.g. piano roll features, timeline etc.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:06 pm are there also news about new features like e.g. piano roll features, timeline etc.
Features like what?

Midi step input, one of the most frequently requested feature, for instance.

looks like their site has been overwhelmed...
"we'll be right back"

hypetrain is on the run xD
bitwig site is under maintenance !! thats really good news
RME Babyface Pro / Bitwig / Adam A7X / Elektron AR MKII / Novation Peak / Akai Force / Eurorack

Return to “Bitwig”